SAU Community

Guys, I've spoken to a friend tha turboed his NA recently - he said do not do it, not as compatiable as a Turbo version as it was built, tuned for Turbo - is this true? My poor little brother finally got his car today - he's over the moon and will join SAU soon... the poor guy is already saving every penny for the big day.... damn it, us guys and our turbos...

seriously

I'VE DONE IT.

RECENTLY

like, i only finished it completely lastnight

it's f**king great you would have to be GAY not to admire people who go down this route of turbo charged NA engines...

the engines are both the same except for the compression, someone's selling a complete turbo KIT from start to finish for like 1 and a half grand, get him to work his butt off, take two weeks off work and get him to start working he's capable surely

• 1 month later...

Hey fella

Ive just got my RB20DE + T back from the workshop recently and its running a TO4E turbo with microtech lt12s ecu..the car is awesome to say the least...its ultra responsive and it pulls ultra hard..my NA Rb20 when compression tested all had around 190 to 200 compression reading and im running 12psi...producing 306.9hp..my friend who has a similar setup but with a turbo RB20 motor..is gettin 369ish hp...tho its lesser peak power..but its producing more power down low in the RPM range..so when i do give him a run...i always manage to beat him...the only difference between the NA and Turbo Rb20 is the compression...different profile cams...no oil squirters...and the crank pulley section for power steering is 4 ribbed instead of 6 ribbed...spark plugs also needs to be changed to turbo version as well as injectors..altho CA18 injectors r a lot better or go aftermarket..my 2 cents