SAU Community

Blown Turbo... R32 Kkr 430

Finally blew the ceramic warrior...

So now im looking at a replacement,

opting for a KKR 430 bolt on.

price being the main factor...

however for an extra $120 I can get it on a low mount stainless manifold.

Is the manifold worth it and will it have any performance gain in what is a very mild modified car??

EXH, Pump, int. etc.

Would like to hear from any one who has a kkr on their car!

Cheers Damo

i dont have a kkr but i just thought id give you some advice. im not saying that its a crap turbo because ive never experienced it myself but there are better options for the price. with this turbo, on an rb20, ull experience more than ideal lag. also this turbo is not completely bolt on. id say if u want a quick street car, get a r33 turbo highflowed, or if ur on a budget, just get an r33 turbo and you should be seeing 180+rwks. But the best bang for buck at the present time appears to be the slide highflow. if u want response and good midrange, instead of excessive midrange forget the kkr turbo

just advice, what you do is up to you... :whistling:

dont listen 2 him bud. turbo bolts on fine, did it in a day with a mate.. Only thing u gotta do is block some oil return lines n rotate the wastegate 2 fit as it hits on ur suspension tower in the engine bay.. The turbo is quite laggy, but that has 2 be expected if ur not planning on doing other mods 2 go with it. Mine comes on boost at about 3,800 n full boost by about 5,000. No need for a flash manifold, however u may aswell get one i spose as i had 2 rip the heatshield off the stock one 2 make it fit.. So it looks 'average' lol.

Anyways unless your going 2 spend a lil more money besides the turbo.. U probably wont get alot out of it as you wanted. The dump pipe that KKR makes is 2 small aswell, its on my car n its a V band flange or wateva its called.. It needs 2 be larger so thats the only downfall ive found with it. Ive had the turbo on my car for about 4-5months now n have had no trouble at all with it. Am only running a low 10psi/12psi though.

Good luck with your turbo set up,

Steve.