SAU Community

Where To Start?

I should be receiving my very first stagea mid to end of this week hopefully if all works out well. a 1997 rs four v dayz (my guessing from what i've read on this forum) with leather interior rb25det. The car is 100% stock and was wondering what is the first thing I should do to increase the power/appeal/feel of the car would be? I've been looking around and was thinking of a few possibilities

1) a whole exhaust, going with a low mount exhaust manifold, 3" dump pipe, 3" highflow cat, twin front pipe, and 3" back from there with 2 mufflers of some sort. My brother is a stainless steel welder so most likely will be done by him (from the front pipe back).

2) a set of g4 stagea coilovers from justjap.com , Haven't been able to find any other stagea coilover parts in australia (not really willing to buy over seas)

3) some 18's haven't really decided on what look I want or what goes with the car really yet though

4) Fmic and bov for that mean look (it's more of a last choice at the moment no real point with a stock turbo and such)

Apart from those I am looking for a r32 gtst waste gate actuator so I can run 10psi constant (do I need a boost controller of any sort for this mod?) I've been looking around and was wondering when the stock fuel/boost cut occurs on the stock ecu of a stock stagea?

Thanks if any of you's read my ramblings

1) Please dont take this as a personal attack, but before posting up a thread like this please do a search there are numerous threads exactly like this with all the same questions asked and answered.

2) what state do you live in?

3) By going for coil overs i think you will end up finding that you will have a very harsh ride (what i mean by this is that it really will feel more like a track car rather than a well set up street car.

Try the SydneyKid suspension setup:http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85592

4) With the exhaust i can only recommend the BOS Stainless Steel Split dump and front which lucky for us is exactly the same as an R33 and for a high flow cat i could only recommend the Catco cat 4" body, both of these items can be found in this link: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=152367

For the cat back im not really sure what you are after i have a fujitsubo cat back at the moment very very nice and quiet exhaust and flows really well, its not my cup of tea though cause its not loud enough for me, so i just purchased a Trust PE 2 cat back from japan, but i cant comment on it yet as i have not recieved it yet.

5) In my personal opinion FMIC is one of the most important mods for performance wether you have a stock turbo or not it creates a hell of a lott more power. I have an ARC crossflow cooler which can handle around 250kw at wheels, i cannot recommend this high enough because you dont have to cut any holes in your chassis as it retains the stock cooler pipes and also retains stock air box, which makes it a fully leagal setup perfect for more than 200 all wheel kw.

Simon

Sorry I should of thought about what I was posting before I did, searched a little but couldn't really work out what I was searching for at that second.

With the exaust i've been driving a subaru liberty 2.2 litre with a straight 2.5" exhaust with only a barely muffled cannon (loudest most drowny thing ever) I love the sound of the rb series motor but how well does it hold up with an automatic (longer gear ratios) does it drown?

Would it be a better idea to leave the fmic until I get into some actually ecu tuning (read some not so good stories of small problems arrising from fmic's)? As this will be a pretty slow project as i'm only an apprentice. I'll deffinately have a look at the arc cooler, I was thinking of going with a front facing intake though as the idea of the intake pipe going straight over the valve cover just seems stupid to me (mightn't do anything performance wise but was hoping would reduce turbo lag from fmic.)

Yeah I know coilovers may give a much harsher ride but I was hoping to get onto the track with it a bit when I come into some money to fix it if things go astray. The g4's are rebuildable and come with different rated springs apon request at no extra cost.

The Fuji exhaust i have at the moment does not drone at all, you cant even hear it from inside the car, at and does still sound quit nice but you have to be farly close to the exhaust to hear it as it is super quiet.

I have had my front mount on for a long time now and never had a problem with it and i still have not had it tuned.

My personal opinion is that a front facing plenum is an absolute waste of money, all fmic kits you buy will be made with all the pipes designed to be fitted with a standard plenum, so it will cost you to have these pipes adjusted to suite and it will cost money to have the plenum fitted plus the cost of the plenum itself.

The sydneykid suspesion setup would also be fine for the odd track day, in my opinion it is a much better setup rather than the G4 coilovers.

Im not in anyway trying to push in any direction just giving my opinion.

What sort of apprentice are you?

Simon and Harold. Leave the PE2 well enough alone. Its nice for the fit but the rear can is a massive power robber. I picked up 20rwkw by changing the rear can to a "drift" item. Hard to believe but true.

Simon and Harold. Leave the PE2 well enough alone. Its nice for the fit but the rear can is a massive power robber. I picked up 20rwkw by changing the rear can to a "drift" item. Hard to believe but true.

Dammit, ive already ordered it! did it sound nice though?

I just noticed the rates for the G4 coilovers :P

G4 Racing Track Spec Coilovers - Stagea RS4

Spring rate: 13 (F) 8.7 ® Kg/mm

36 way damper & height adjustable

damn, Tein's only come with either 4,4 or 6,6 kg/mm.

I just noticed the rates for the G4 coilovers :P

G4 Racing Track Spec Coilovers - Stagea RS4

Spring rate: 13 (F) 8.7 ® Kg/mm

36 way damper & height adjustable

damn, Tein's only come with either 4,4 or 6,6 kg/mm.

most kits i see here are 8/6

high power with a silencer

great

without, kinda loud..

Grant its either between the Trust or the Hi Power, help me as i need to order it asap.

Trust PE 2 full stainless 80mm piping but has 2 mufflers by the look of the pics and apparantly is kind of quiet

HKS HI POWER mild steel except for cannon, 75mm piping, looks like it only has one muffler, apparantly is quite loud which is good.

Soo which one please help