SAU Community

For The Techie's, Speed Signal Wire On Ecu For Auto T/timer

Hey people, am chasing info from anyone who has hooked up their own Turbo Timer to an R33 and made use of the Auto Timer feature.

I am using a GReddy Full Auto Timer and it says to hook up one of the wires (for this feature) to the "Speed Signal Wire on the ECU harness". I have uploaded a couple of pictures from the Service Manual highlighting where I think it should be soldered into place if anyone could firmly confirm I am on the right track.

Cheers,

post-11382-1181212126_thumb.jpg

post-11382-1181212187_thumb.jpg

Aah Ok, thanks RB30-POWER, so essentialy then if I wanted to disable the 180km/h speed limiter I disconnect this wire from Pin 53, (so then I'm assuming ECU does not need this for anything else) but I still need to find the wire colour code then that feeds the speedo cluster side if it is disconnected?

Unfortunetaley the service manual I have does not have a Speedo cluster Wiring diagram, do you have an image of the speedo cluster for wiring?

I don't think I'd be doing more than 180km/h all that often so I might just hook it back up (if it's dicsonnected) to get this Full Auto feature working rather than just relying on the minutes countdown.

Thanks for the input.

If it was cut most people do it at the ecu anyway, it will be obvious.

People cut it to rid the speed limit, but the better option is always to use a speed cut defender, that will clamp the signal at a set value to fool the ecu into thinking its going slower then it is.

The speed signal is used for optimise fuel cut conditions etc, nothing major that many people would notice, hence people cutting the wire and thinking everything is sweet, when ideally speed cut defender or remapped chip is better option.

Little offtopic anyway, but yeah 53 what you want to give a vehicle speed signal to the turbo timer.

Personally I think turbotimers are full wank value on cars fitted with water cooled turbos anyway and would never ever fit one myself.

OK great 53 it is.

I don't have the car yet it's still coming up by train from Melbourne to Brisbane then I'm driving it from BrisVegas 1900Klms home to Cairns in around 17-19.5hrs drive straight through.

It does have a remapped ECU from what I can tell, the guy I bought it from could't tell me much about it though showed me a "tiny" picture of the ECU you can't read the name of, I don't think it's any AUS known brand name.

So before that trip I wanted to install the T/Timer I have purchased in advance for it, that way I don't accidently turn it straight off after 4-5hrs @ 110-120km/h solid driving to fuel up again and cook (lessen the life) the less than average stock cermic/plastic turbo bearing becuase it's not being fed the Oil it should be to cool it down slowly.

Off Topic again but please correct me if I'm wrong I thought the RB25DET had an oil cooled turbo config not water?