SAU Community

Help/advice Needed For U13 Bluey Sss (ka24de)

Miss Niz

Hi guys,

I know there's been heaps of threads on good mechanics wanted and recommendations etc for skylines, but i'm just wondering if by any chance anyone is able to help me out with my bluey??? Perhaps someone can offer me advice or suggest a good competent mechanic who won't charge the earth.

I've decided to sell it (and therefore don't want to have to spend too much on it), however it has started overfuelling and stalling recently, which i will have to fix before i can sell it. It is pouring unburnt fuel out the exhaust, getting really bad fuel economy and is idling really rough and stalling when putting the clutch in to come to a stop. Not sure if all of this is related or what.

I ran the self diagnostic mode and it came up with the code 55 - normal operation. I have taken it to my usual mechanic (who works on my 34), but they've said they don't know what is wrong with it and to take it to Nissan. I have a friend who works at Nissan, so i took it to him, but the diagnostic still didn't come up with any errors. The only thing they could suggest is changing some of the sensors and seeing if that makes a difference. But i don't want to have to keep buying parts in the hope that it might be the problem.

If i was going to be keeping the car, i wouldn't mind replacing things for peace of mind, but i'd rather be spending the money on the 34.

Thanks in advance,

Teena

Hi guys,

I know there's been heaps of threads on good mechanics wanted and recommendations etc for skylines, but i'm just wondering if by any chance anyone is able to help me out with my bluey??? Perhaps someone can offer me advice or suggest a good competent mechanic who won't charge the earth.

I've decided to sell it (and therefore don't want to have to spend too much on it), however it has started overfuelling and stalling recently, which i will have to fix before i can sell it. It is pouring unburnt fuel out the exhaust, getting really bad fuel economy and is idling really rough and stalling when putting the clutch in to come to a stop. Not sure if all of this is related or what.

I ran the self diagnostic mode and it came up with the code 55 - normal operation. I have taken it to my usual mechanic (who works on my 34), but they've said they don't know what is wrong with it and to take it to Nissan. I have a friend who works at Nissan, so i took it to him, but the diagnostic still didn't come up with any errors. The only thing they could suggest is changing some of the sensors and seeing if that makes a difference. But i don't want to have to keep buying parts in the hope that it might be the problem.

If i was going to be keeping the car, i wouldn't mind replacing things for peace of mind, but i'd rather be spending the money on the 34.

Thanks in advance,

Teena

Try and get in touch with someone with the same car that you can borrow things like air flow meter etc to try and problem solve it

My 31 did the same thing, would run stupidly rich and die at idle, run ecu check and get no errors. Replaced my afm and it fixed it.

You might want to try and borrow one to see if it fixes the problem.

hope that helps..

Burn it, I'm sick of working on it :P hahaha

My 31 did the same thing, would run stupidly rich and die at idle, run ecu check and get no errors. Replaced my afm and it fixed it.

Cheers, if we can get our hands on one I'll swap it over and see how it goes.

I think at this stage it's all trial and error to fix the problem, different mechanics have different theories, one had the suggestion of a faulty coolant temp sensor???

yer cause the ecu gets a signal for coolant temp too, its for the cold start injector if it has one or the AAC valve so that when its cold it will add more fuel and idle higher until the engine warms to a certian temp.

Normally with a afm is really boggy down low but as you rev it out it will run good.

Will the car run with the afm disconnected? give that a run around the block

Car drives fine once accelerating, no missfire or hesitation, just runs rich, rough idle and sometimes stalls.

I'll clean the aac valve out aswell as it can't hurt, it seems to idle a bit better with it unplugged.

Not sure if the cars runs with the afm disconnected, never tried.

Thanks guys. I'll see if i can get another AFM and see if that works. And if not, then i'll see if any of the guys on antrx.com can meet up to swap bits and see if that works. I had two friends with aussie u13's who just sold theirs over the past few months.

Funnily enough my mates R32 did exactly that and turned out to be the O2 sensor, was causing all sorts of dramas and actually made the car stall at the lights when stopping. Could explain the poor economy as well.

i can get a imported u13 sr20det afm for you to try but not sure if they are the same as your one,if they are it might help you.PM me the number on your afm( and the colour) and i'll see if they are the same if you like

Gday Teena, I agree with Paul just burn it, I will bring my 31 over and push it into the fire with yours, ill bring some beers to so we can enjoy the show.

Dont you just love these problems that shit you to tears

Heath

Gday Teena, I agree with Paul just burn it, I will bring my 31 over and push it into the fire with yours, ill bring some beers to so we can enjoy the show.

Heath

Hahaha, just let me grab a few parts off your 31 first mate :rolleyes:

i can get a imported u13 sr20det afm for you to try but not sure if they are the same as your one,if they are it might help you.PM me the number on your afm( and the colour) and i'll see if they are the same if you like

I'll get the part number off the AFM tomorrow, hopefully the problem lies with either the AFM or the coolant temp sensor.

How about a leaking injector? That could explain a bit, if you've got one that's flooding the whole time, it would make the car idle like crap and stall when pulling up etc etc?

How about a leaking injector? That could explain a bit, if you've got one that's flooding the whole time, it would make the car idle like crap and stall when pulling up etc etc?

I thought that too, but it's fouling up all 4 spark plugs identically, so it's just not one cylinder thats flooding with fuel.

Thanks for the help so far guys :)

I'll get the number off the AFM when I'm up to pulling it out to see, come down with a bloody cold overnight :)

Heath

Hey stranger!!!

Ahh that's the reason you moved out to woop-woop, you didn't want to do another service on my P.O.S hey???

I'm sure your 31 is in much better condition than my bluey!

Thanks everyone for all your help! I posted this up on antrx.com as well, but didn't get any response. You have all been most helpful and i'll be sure to check AFM, injectors and o2 sensor (perhaps the one i got was faulty too). I'd rather spend money on buying new parts than having to send it to another mechanic and pay labour for them just trying to figure out the problem.

I'll see if i can get an AFM from ABC wreckers at oxley, seeing as i work nearby, during the week and start from there.

I thought that too, but it's fouling up all 4 spark plugs identically, so it's just not one cylinder thats flooding with fuel.

Thanks for the help so far guys :)

I'll get the number off the AFM when I'm up to pulling it out to see, come down with a bloody cold overnight :)

ooh, ooh, ooh! How about a faulty FPR...stuck open?