SAU Community

Rebuilt Bnr32 Turbos Vs Hks Gt-ss

same here. about a month ago i received mine and didnt pay import tax.

Thats around $2700 GT-SS delivered or $2450 for slide highflows

wouldnt you rather pay the extra $250 for gaskets, oil drain, studs and twin HKS BB turbos, and not have to send your old ones in?

Slide will reco mine for 1500 not $2450 i think you have got that confused with the price of the garrett's. Its either the HKS GT-SS turbos for $2700del or Garrett 2860r-5 turbos for $2450del.

Where did you buy your HKS turbos?

I'm in the exact same position, only looking to put about 1 to 1.2 bar on the turbo's and I can't decide between them. I was going to go for the Garrets but then the HKS comes with the actuators.

What is the advantage of the waste gate actuators? Obvously getting new ones sounds better then reusing 11 year old ones, but do they make any real difference?

Ok well the Garrett's deffinetly come with actuators, not sure what base boost they are set at. After that it reminds me that the HKS turbos do come with those upgraded actuators. Different actuators are set to different base boost settings and operate effiecently in different boost ranges.

Deren

the HKS uprated actuators will help limit boost creep longer than the stock ones will. Therefore will hold boost better, enabling you to run more boost at a steady level which places less reliance on the boost controller.

If your boost controller isnt the best then id say definitely go for the better actuators