SAU Community

modify your front bar

Jet

If you get the middle cut off, make sure you reseal the holes to make it look neat.

I did and it look mad, cops may not pick it either as there is no cut metal showing.

My 2c

Hey Al, i never got to check out your front bar properly after the tint day... after cutting the bumper support, have you noticed any structural stiffness reduction - ie do the ends bend more easily or does the front bar seem less rigid?

You should be able to use the cut out bit as a source of plastic for a plastic welder to patch them up again. I've never seen one patched up, the couple I have seen with the front section removed just have some ugly square holes left over.

Also, where do you put your plate after you do this? I hate plates that are off to one side, reminds me of a bus or army vehicle or something. I'm thinking it would look ok if suspended from the top section of the front (low profile plate only). It would still interrupt air flow a bit, but not nearly as much as the whole crosspiece does.

this is my front bar ,I had to lose the front bumper blinkers cause of the intercooler,so i wired the parkers up as blinkers and moded the headlamps to run parkers and headlights.The bumper was already damaged when i bought it(underneath) so i wasnt really fussed with spending money to plastic weld the gaps.So i just cut it out bigger so it didnt have any:)

Originally posted by T0nyGTSt

Hey fairies...

See the pic below.

Personally I don't think I CBF doing it. Flows fine.

T.

Forgot to recheck this thread, sorry for the delay. Tonygtst why is MY pic (that i posted in another thread. months ago) of MY CAR labeled as 'ben_front"?????:D

Is side monted plates illegal, i have never been pulled up on it? I thought that if a bar does not have a dedicated spot (and mine now doesn't :)) that it is ok to mount on side as lonf as it is clearly visible.

Ronin 09: I personally have not seen/noticed a differance, as the support bars, that held the middle bar, are still there, on either side of the cut out.

I would think this mod is illegal, but may not be picked up as it looks factory. What mods are not legal now a days?

Ben has a maroon 33 as well and wants to do the sex conversions... his will look like yours soon LOL

I'm running around with an IC still behind the stock M-Spec bar.

Nah NSW cops are just being arseholes. Heaps of 'em gave me the "Alfa 156 is ok as it's stock, yours is not stock".

T.