SAU Community

Need Advice For Coilover Choice

hey all

im buying sum coilovers in the nxt few weeks and wanting sum much need advice from people

im on a budget of 1400-1600 and using my car mostly for street atm but the car will be made as track car grip/drift soo i wanna know wat your opinions/experience are

thanks

R32_dori

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im using hks hyper-d's.they are pretty good at the track.on the street they are a bit harsh though.

the only problem with the jap valve rate is the harshness of the aust roads.on a daily driven car they need a rebuild at least 1 time every 8months on my 33.not so much the rears but more so the fronts.

craig.

HI I HAVE TIEN COILOVERS IN MY R33 SEDAN AND THE CAR IS AMZING WITH HANDLING AND SLIDING BUT VERY ROUGH ON THE ROAD IM NOT SURE HOW YOU GO WITH THE FINE LINE OF PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT CAUSE ALL SKYLINES I HAVE BEEN IN WITH GOOD COIL OVERS ARE VERY ROUGH!

Super Streets for good ride but shit for track use .. Im getting type S greddy coils.. Hks hypermax good all round but harsh on roads HKS are generally harsher than most supposedly

How often should coils be rebuilt? ill have to send mine to japan i think?

Edited by DECIM8

yea i dont mind the harsh ride its a weekend car and i just wanna get it right 1st time round

i hav been offerd tein SS for $1200 and wondering bout the isc coilovers price wise

Hi mate,

where did u get that offer $1200 for tein super street ? getting a set of coilover for my r32 gts-t real soon and still deciding on which one to get..

- Tein SS (brand new)

- Tein Flex (used one year old)

- G4 (justJap)

ect..

Cheers

Super Streets for good ride but shit for track use .. Im getting type S greddy coils.. Hks hypermax good all round but harsh on roads HKS are generally harsher than most supposedly

Hi mate,

where u gonna get ur GReddy Type S coilover from? and how much am i looking at?

Cheers

Your looking about $2000 im gettin them cheaper .. I think in australia autobarn actually sells them via order however modyourcar.com also does..

Super streets retail for $2000 for oz spec .. but from nengun.com (overseas ordered into australia) they cost about $1100 posted .. pretty impressive discount :)

hey subie sorry for late reply

JMS had a set of SS in there for $1200 not sure now been a few weeks since i been there

is anyone on here that deals directly with isc and can give me more info+price

Edited by R32_dori

http://www.shockreco.com.au

these guys are in qld and they can reco just about any shockie you can think of.

wondering bout the isc coilovers price wise

eeek dont bother.... stick with bilstein, greddy or tein.

on another note we have just secured a deal for DRIFT performance products, their coil-overs will be made on the same line as TOP SECRET and TRIAL but branded DRIFT.... RRP 1700ish

old pic below

tssusmain.jpg

tssust.jpg

Edited by URAS

Thanks for that link trust33 .. very helpful ..

Just on the note of coils mine are drift spec and I imagine for daily driving ill get the shits in no time with 8kg front and 6rear which is a little heavy but Ill only learn by driving it ..

My mate recommended 5 front and 4 rear .. how much would a new set of springs cost? $500+? do I need greddy ones or will any do? and would anyone recommend i drop the rates?

Thanks for that link trust33 .. very helpful ..

Just on the note of coils mine are drift spec and I imagine for daily driving ill get the shits in no time with 8kg front and 6rear which is a little heavy but Ill only learn by driving it ..

My mate recommended 5 front and 4 rear .. how much would a new set of springs cost? $500+? do I need greddy ones or will any do? and would anyone recommend i drop the rates?

8 and 6 will be fine for street use provided the dampers are decent, i run the greddy coil overs in my cars and have the same rates in the S13 it is actually a very good rate damper combo.

Trent: Could we have a little more info on the DRFT coilovers? If I'm not mistaken Top Secret get Aragosta to make their shocks, which are the Swedish Ohlins right? Does this mean we will be able to buy Sweedish Ohlins for $1700!?

yeah it's a never ending problem of a compromise. still much better than stock at track. if i hate them when i get them i'll sell em as there's heaps of demand.

Super streets retail for $2000 for oz spec .. but from nengun.com (overseas ordered into australia) they cost about $1100 posted .. pretty impressive discount ;)

where's this discount and how do i get it?! or were you just quoting approx price

because i see AU $ 1,437.77 for hcr32 ... and AU $ 1,369.86 for ecr33 delivered prices.

Trent: Could we have a little more info on the DRFT coilovers? If I'm not mistaken Top Secret get Aragosta to make their shocks, which are the Swedish Ohlins right? Does this mean we will be able to buy Sweedish Ohlins for $1700!?

haha you have a keen eye, and hence my enthusiasm towards getting them here. some more pics of the aragosta's.... as for ohlins......

post-34927-1181620952_thumb.jpg

lol @ aragosta being sweedish ohlins. this may come as shock news but so called 'sweedish' ohlins are called ohlins. some may find that hard to believe but trust me on this.

aragosta are ok shocks but they have nothing to do with ohlins.