SAU Community

Hit Something Now 4wd Light And Abs Light

G'day everybody!

As the title states i hit something while doing something naughty. Cut a long story short got a new rim and put it on but now the 4WD and ABS lights are on! When i was waiting for a new rim i disconected the battery only then the light came on. I have checked the for error code and it's 13.

I have search but only came up a few solutions like...

-Check the sensor close to hand brake (Done it's still white)

-Check the conections under car? (not yet waiting till day off)

Thats all i have come up with If you could give me a hand that would be swell!!

You may have damaged one of the wheel sensors which will bring those lights on.

Wheel sensor? is that in the wheel hub itself? Some direction would be appreciated.

Also is it possible for me to just swap the wires so the two back ones are reading the same?

One more are the sensors the same across the range eg R33 GTST and GTR? (I have a R32)

Wheel sensor? is that in the wheel hub itself? Some direction would be appreciated.

Also is it possible for me to just swap the wires so the two back ones are reading the same?

One more are the sensors the same across the range eg R33 GTST and GTR? (I have a R32)

I'm sorry for the little rant here but it seems to me that there is alot of unanswered questions in the furums lately... So much knowlege at hand here and no one wants to share!

Abs sensors are on all 4 hubs , they pick up a signal fron the toothed rings around the hubs . Its possible with the smash the sensor is broken .

Were abouts are these sensors? Here is a pic i made in Paint were should i be looking couldn't find anything.

post-36471-1181974133_thumb.jpg

hope this helps lol..drawing from memory....its a plug there on the hub..just in front of where the cv boot is attached ..you should be able to see the toothed grooves there..the sensor i think is a magnet at the end of it..grease n dirt can get in there and could be the cause perhaps??or become loose?

post-24749-1181981285_thumb.jpg

heller44: Yer i did follow the instructions all the way though but some things that i couldn't see right (plus i was tired) i will try again. though some tests keep pointing to a G-Sensor 1 and thats near the hand brake and should glow red when broken but it was fine (glowing white).

Godzl1975 i will have a good look tomorrow is this a common fualt with this sensor? Can i just grab another one from some other skyline R33 GSTT?