SAU Community

Correct Timing?

What's the correct timing for the GT8 guys? Anybody sure?

My engine bay has a sticker that has some writing in Japanese and "10Degrees BTDC 650RPM" written next to it, yet from everything I've read including the ESM for the G35 - VQ35 Engines have 15Degrees BTDC@650RPM. Just doublechecking.

Cheers.

Edited by -= SKiZO =-

I can't help you at all.

But can you tell me what you think of your car? I've been seriously considering one lately. Since i've now gotten rid of the 34.

Whats insurance like? hows the CVT to live with? is it quick? considernig it's got an early model 350Z engine in it.

I'd go with what was written on the car before what i read some where else.

Yeah me too. The thing is, my engine scanner says currently running at 650rpm at 15Degrees even after resets, and I can't drop the ignition to 10Degrees at that revs. The car does seem to be a bit sluggish accelerating in the lower gears(maybe this is normal) but I thought a good place to start would be the timing.

What does everyone else have written on there engine bay and what car/transmission?

Yeah me too. The thing is, my engine scanner says currently running at 650rpm at 15Degrees even after resets, and I can't drop the ignition to 10Degrees at that revs. The car does seem to be a bit sluggish accelerating in the lower gears(maybe this is normal) but I thought a good place to start would be the timing.

What does everyone else have written on there engine bay and what car/transmission?

I cant find anything written in my engine bay but I do notice my car is a bit sluggish on acceleration especially from a rolling start and the transmission is in about 4th gear. I find that when I am in manual mode it hoots along when I am changing at 6-6,500 rpm. I think because the transmission is variable other than direct shift it tends to get in to 3 and 4th pretty quickly off the lights even when just putting along.

What's the correct timing for the GT8 guys? Anybody sure?

My engine bay has a sticker that has some writing in Japanese and "10Degrees BTDC 650RPM" written next to it, yet from everything I've read including the ESM for the G35 - VQ35 Engines have 15Degrees BTDC@650RPM. Just doublechecking.

Cheers.

Just checked my coupe and it's the same 15degreesBTDC@650RPM

Cheers

Bobby

• 2 weeks later...

Their are half a dozen different emissions stickers out their and some time they put a VQ25 sticker on a VQ35 engine so be careful.