SAU Community

V Power Racing Fuel

subzeroR33

shell in caloundra has it to, i use it and it makes a bit of a diffrence, its pretty good on econnamy i get about 300 ks from about 32 litres

It's pretty rar that they actually have it in stock though, i used to travel to caloundra pretty much every day and sometime's they'de not have it for a month. I don't travel down the way much anymore but with my previos experiences they have it abot 50% of the time. Now what i wanna know is why doesn't the shell in mooloolaba have it?!?!?!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it doesn't make much of a difference if you're not tuned for it.

I was getting a wonky idle out of it when cold, used to run right down on the 600RPM stall line, drop down below it and cause the anti-stall to kick in.

Back to 95 till I get an ECU

Yeah, it doesn't make much of a difference if you're not tuned for it.

I was getting a wonky idle out of it when cold, used to run right down on the 600RPM stall line, drop down below it and cause the anti-stall to kick in.

Back to 95 till I get an ECU

You can notice a difference, you can feel it ' seat of the pants ' wise easily enough.. i could feel it both on the power fc and the stock gtr ecu

Yeah I had my tune done on this 100octane stuff...

Ran at willowbank a full quarter mile and got no higher than 20 knock levels which is fine, considering you rev to redline for 4 gears before your over the line.

Then two or three weeks later I ran there again with just 98 ron and got knock levels up over 80 which is really really bad, also fouled the plugs.

Has nothing to do with the fuel being bad, its all to do with the tune the pfc had and the fact we were able to push the timing a we bit more advanced with 100ron.

Im considering having a touch up tune just running 98 ron, and putting another degre on the cams to see if I can maintain 337rwkw on 98ron fuel.

Rather than having to put 100ron to get that power level, however last dyno day we got 300rwkw from 98ron on just 18psi so its allot of effort to push for that extra 10% power but when you get into 4th gear down the quarter and your car becomes like a flying phone book you need all the power you can get to reach the line is a fashionable manner. :wave:

Will be interesting to see! But certainlly wont be buying 100ron until Shell make it a more reasonable price... And they wont until a competitor bring in some competition...

yeah i usually fill up with v-power (98), but the other night i had a go with v-power racing (100) becuase the shell at runcorn had been out of the regular v-power for like a week and i refuse to put in anything lower than 98 in my car. anyway noticed the difference right away. much smoother in accel and at top end speeds. i would get this all the time but 1.45 is a bit much for my budget to cope with every week