SAU Community

Bcnr33 Ecu Install In Bnr34

hi guys,

my car is a bnr34 vspec. today, ECU is die. The cause of it death is unknown.

so, make a purchase used ecu of bcnr33. Does anyone out there knows how to install? (diff harness... :thumbsup: )

help me please. Thanks!

buy an BNR34 ecu

Here is south korea. my bnr34 is grey import vehicle and my country don't have any nissan service center for my car.

I have called nissan service center in japan, they said "you must register your dealer, and buy ecu" :thumbsup:

Edited by GloriaShield

import ecu from japan - use an importer to get it

It has a problem. They can not setup immobilizer, because they don't have nissan consult. It is only too true. :thumbsup:

Edited by GloriaShield

buy an aftermarket ecu then which bypasses it

apexi have no problems with the stock immobiliser

the bnr34 powerfc is direct swap and should work first shot

I thought the R34 had a different ignition setup, hence there is a different PFC model for the R34.

So how does the R33 ECU get around it?

i have seen a few R34's running R33 ECU's (cars most likely stolen ex japan) it seems to be fairly common in europe too where alot of the no so legit cars end up. i have been trying to source a r34 gtr wiring diagram for ages but the only one i can find is paulr33's and its not working, reason being is i have a few excess r34 gtr fc's and want to use them on r32/33 it can be done i just need the diagrams.... :D

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted a PowerFC to my bnr34 gtr, It wont run at all. Plugged it in properly. Turned off the boost control function.

Maybe immobilizer problem. My country don't have nissan service center. I can't re-code.

I want.. remove immobilizer.

help me please.

I fitted a PowerFC to my bnr34 gtr, It wont run at all. Plugged it in properly. Turned off the boost control function.

Maybe immobilizer problem. My country don't have nissan service center. I can't re-code.

I want.. remove immobilizer.

help me please.

When you say " it won't run" , do you mean , it wont start? wont kick? If it won't kick the trarter you probably have some other electrical problem . Could be immobiliser , just by-pass it and see how you go .

If you don't know how to do it , its not easy, take it to an auto electrician , he should be able to sort it out for you . The s15 200sx has a similar set up , if you have them in your counrty .

When you say " it won't run" , do you mean , it wont start? wont kick? If it won't kick the trarter you probably have some other electrical problem . Could be immobiliser , just by-pass it and see how you go .

If you don't know how to do it , its not easy, take it to an auto electrician , he should be able to sort it out for you . The s15 200sx has a similar set up , if you have them in your counrty .

maybe, imobilizer system cuts fuel not spark. by-pass? how ...?

need a standard r34 gtr ecu without mods to get my keys recoded for the immobilizer.

I still want to fix my car so i can use my new power fc ... anyone any ideas....

Edited by GloriaShield

• 3 weeks later...
maybe, imobilizer system cuts fuel not spark. by-pass? how ...?

need a standard r34 gtr ecu without mods to get my keys recoded for the immobilizer.

I still want to fix my car so i can use my new power fc ... anyone any ideas....

the key does not talk directly to the ECU on a 34 GTR....the key talks to the immobilizer box then that talks to the ECU....so any 34 GTR ecu will run your car.....providing the key and the immobilizer are mated to each other,you shouldnt have a problem

Edited by ylwgtr2