SAU Community

Rb20 Turbo To T3/t4 T04e

^^^ i had a HKS T04E cast manifold kit for CA18 many moons back and it was sweet (sweet in a big turbo way) but the rear housing was exclusive cast HKS item that looked real small... i have an old HKS power book in storage i will see if i can drag it out this weekend if you really want the rb20 specs..

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just to add my two cents. i am no turbo expert in fact far from it but i have a rb20det with a sliding performance highflow turbo hitting boost at 5000 rpm and my mate just fitted a TO4E monsta turbo costing a whole 299 excluding postage................ into his r31 converteed rb20det with very similar supporting mods IC, fuel pump, exhaust etc........ i am running 12 psi and he is run 14 psi..... and the TO4E Hammers!

haha, now u may now abuse me turbo tech freaks......!@

Roy that cast low split pulsed HKS manifold (RB20/25) has a larged machined pad where the turbo bolts to it . Its large enough for a T4 flange even though std it has the split T3 flange sized exhaust ports and stud pattern .

To mount a Garrett GT3076R just bolt it up , it would pay to see if the housing needed a bit of grinding so that there is no step or overlap of the manifolds exhaust ports . Cubes did something like this recently with his GT3076R's exhaust housing when mounting it on his Nissan manifold .

Just for the record I've never seen the turbo HKS intended for their manifold but , if the HKS spec FJ20 T04E is anything to go by it would just be a small/med trim T04E compressor on a smallish trim T04 turbine with a small A/R ratio T3 flanged T4 exhaust housing . Nothing to rave about .

Your call but if I was using that manifold and an external gate there is NOOOOOOO way I'd use a single scroll turbine housing . Its been claimed by a very reliabe source in the US that the twin scroll version (hybrid) TS GT3071R can get reasonably close to 500 Hp if everything else is top notch . The TS version of the GT3076R I think nudged ~ 540 Hp with the same turbine housing which is not really the gun thing though availabvle housings are an issue - ATM .

Cheers A .