SAU Community

will a rb30 gearbox bolt on to a rb26?

Im just wondering cause im thinking of doing a R31 ,With a RB26dett conversion.Seen's there both RB series motors they should have the same bolt pattern.Also what sort of price is reasonable for a r32/33 gtr front cut?Somebody must have done a conversion like this ,if any1 has any links please post

Hi Bo0sT_JuNkY, you asked "will a rb30 gearbox bolt on to a rb26"

Yes, but it won't last long, its not built to handle the torque or the rpm. RB30 and RB20 gearboxes are pretty much the same. An RB25DET box is the go, same huge internals as an RB26 box, just missing the 4wd stuff.

"what sort of price is reasonable for a r32/33 gtr front cut"

Last time I checked, pretty close to $10K for a complete R32 GTR front cut at the firewall.

Bit of a waste for an R31 as you can't use the sump, the gearbox, transfer case, front diff, drive shafts, hubs, bonnet, guards etc etc I suppose you could just use the bits you need and sell the rest, you would probably get back a $2-3K for the stuff you don't want.

Try................

www.justjap.com

www.japanesemotorsport.com.au

Hope that helps

rb26 in a r31 does seem a bit of a waste.

go for something much lighter, will be heaps more fun.

but saying that the 89 gtr's will be available soon with the new import laws, so could pick them up much cheaper than you would think.

(correct me if i am wrong, but i heard they will go for around 20 k, 89 model that is)

just what i got told with the 15 year old law

wouldnt be a complete waste :D

would be fun... try maybe the MX7 gear box... that is the VL turbo gear box.... but would be quite hard to get a hold of.

maybe also just look for an engine package... i seen one for $4500 from an importer

Hi guys, MX7 won't handle the RPM, none of the RB30 gearboxes are design for the revs and torque combination of an RB26DETT. The R33 GTST RB25DET box is the go.