SAU Community

R33/r32 Gtst - Powerfc

Cubes

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've done lots of reading & sifting through R32 and R33 circuit diagrams etc to ensure everything is all good.

There's nothing to fear; the RB26 PFC in to the R32/R33 GTST works extremely well and is reliable. The only real difference is the slightly different ECU pinout and the ecu's internal airflow curve and maps etc which are changed to make it suitable for the GTST.

Mine has been running for quite some months without any issues; excellent economy etc :bunny:

A number of others have already had an Rb26 PFC fitted to their R33/R32 with excellent results.

To get it running modifications to the loom are required and the use of a datalogit to get the car running well.

The advantage of the RB26DETT PowerFC is its use of an air inlet temp sensor which provides ignition correction. Great for safety on those hot days, track use down at Mallala + you get to run a PFC rather than a microtech or more expensive ecu solution.

Should you wish not to have the additional cost of purchasing and wiring in the air inlet temp sensor it can be bypassed.

Tuning and Loom modifications is to be done at BoostWorx as I don't have the time to do loom mods yet still wish to give you the opportunity for you to get a PFC in to your R32 or R33. :wub:

Approximate PFC Purchase Cost - Purchase the PFC from Nengun or an SAU Sponsor.

- Nengun are by far the cheapest currently at $778 Delivered -> <CLICK>

- SAU Sponsor for ~$900

Approximate Install Costs..... Please call Shaun or Troy at Boostworx - 8299-0621

- OPTIONAL RB26 Knock Sensors

- OPTIONAL Inlet Air Temp Sensor

- OPTIONAL R33 VCT Controller

Last Updated: 7th November 2007

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cubes,

Definetely interested. Is this technically the whole Power FC system with the hand controller? I'm a regular at Boostworx so i don't think the tuning and the likes will be a problem.

Dan

For those not in SA. Sorry SA only, you have option to speak to your tuner and they can slug you the R&D costs of getting it sorted.

Tangles... I'll have a look at the R34 GTR ECU pinouts as that is most likely your best bet. Your loom ecu plug must match the powerfc.

DC_GTST... Its the whole lot. PowerFC and Handcontroller from nengun for ~$800 delivered. The loom mods are done, the pfc plugs in, datalogit is thrown on it with the required maps, airflow curves, map reference and its all tuned up.

dont go out of your way mate.

I doubt Id have finances available for a full replacement ecu for a fair while yet. meh, thats a bit of a lie... have cash atm but heating for the home is relatively important (got to sort that out, we are freeeeezing here, the sole loungroom gas heater has shafted itself)

now and then a Er34 Pfc comes up for sale on ebay..... plus obviously I worry about the auto box too ! although Id definately use a shift kit with it, maybe eve the boxunit that makes you manually shift the auto ? dunno

mind you a remap to the ecu via drdrift is cheapr then what er34 Powerfc's sell for.

not much, only $150 less....... ($1300 ? for drdrift ecr33 remap vs $1450 for er34 Pfc)

grrr, dunno what to do myself. best to get one final tweek from Shaun at Boostwerx with the safc/sitc (when I get my oil filter relocator from nengun) and make a decision after that.

The PFC does work well with an auto BUT the auto will live longer behind a remapped std ecu. I'd go that way...

See how the SITC/SAFC goes.. fingers crossed with a little fuel pressure etc you can work past the R&R.

The ONLY catch... Tuning has to be done at Boostworx.

yeah cause thats a HUGE downside

i would be interested one day but anytime i get cash behind me something else YELLS buy me buy me

Hey Cubes,

Where would you recommend buying the PFC from? I think Slide has a few going but havent been able to find the forum (kinda in a rush - lunch break). Got the $$ just require details.

Cheers again

Dan :D

Edited by DC_GTST

So how much all up for a power fc for an R33 all tuned up by Boostworx? A rough estimate would be good. Cheers.

I haven't done any work on the VCT controller yet as I'm currently working on my own car. The heads off down at Chris Milton Engineering having a bit of work done + I'm bolting on the new turbo thats been sitting here not being used for toooooo long.

So until mines back on the road I won't be working on the VCT controller as my spare time is occupied by my own car. :/

However.. A guestimate, don't hold me to it as its essentially up to Shaun

RB26PFC $800-$910

Inlet Air temp sensor + Fitting - $100

Loom mods - $120

VCT Controller - $ Unsure It is likely to be a jaycar kit so not too expensive.

Tuning - $500 (not sure exactly what shaun charges)

Once mine is back on the road (end of next week fingers crossed) I will head down to Shaun and see what I can work out cost wise for tuning + loom and vct controller.

I am after one for Series 2 R33. Do you think this route is better option than the Emange Ultimate(cost wise and performance wise). If so, PM me the details as i have cash for power FC. Cheers