SAU Community

R33/r32 Gtst - Powerfc

Cubes

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard back from the mob in the US who offer the cheapest most compact solution.

Who's wired up a tacho to the ecu's tach out pinout? Does it just work? select 6cyl and thats it?

If so then its a piece of piss.

jurule,

Hows the PFC?

Shaun said it went all well apart from a suspect std fuel pump causing a few issues with not enough fuel once on boost.

He was quite happy with it loosing next to no power with it running no vct.

Mid range power is up as the stock ecu was doing its usual R&R.

I'll be looking at getting a vct controller in soon for testing; no $$ to waste at the moment though as I've just spent quite a few $$ with the purchase of a rb25t gearbox and still have to outlay more $$ on a good clutch and tail shaft modification.

I will get around to it though.... Unless some one wants to purchase it in the name of being a guinea pig? :(

The VCT controller works out to be some where around the $80 mark from the US.

---

So in short over the stock ecu WITH VCT a pfc WITH tuning offers similar low end power but the pfc offers more mid range+ power.

A PFC + VCT + Tuning obviously offers more mid range again. :spank:

So expext ~10rwkw increase with VCT and a PFC through the low to mid. Top end of mid and top end power will stay the same.

jurule,

Hows the PFC?

Shaun said it went all well apart from a suspect std fuel pump causing a few issues with not enough fuel once on boost.

He was quite happy with it loosing next to no power with it running no vct.

Mid range power is up as the stock ecu was doing its usual R&R.

I'll be looking at getting a vct controller in soon for testing; no $$ to waste at the moment though as I've just spent quite a few $$ with the purchase of a rb25t gearbox and still have to outlay more $$ on a good clutch and tail shaft modification.

I will get around to it though.... Unless some one wants to purchase it in the name of being a guinea pig? :)

The VCT controller works out to be some where around the $80 mark from the US.

---

So in short over the stock ecu WITH VCT a pfc WITH tuning offers similar low end power but the pfc offers more mid range+ power.

A PFC + VCT + Tuning obviously offers more mid range again. :yes:

So expext ~10rwkw increase with VCT and a PFC through the low to mid. Top end of mid and top end power will stay the same.

Yeah mate all good and getting a Wahlbro pump in next couple days to go back and wind the boost back up to 14. Got 183rwk at 10psi. Gonna get a better rear muffler too, an X Force is gettin delivered tomorrow. Got an old crappy Jasma at the moment. Im hoping for 200rwkw. If i dont, then its more mods....

I wouldn't be too concerned Shauns dyno is a fairly conservative.

Most 33's push ~190rwkw ish.

14psi on stock turbo isn't a good idea it won't last long; ~12psi max if you want it to last. All depends a lot on driving style though.

Hows it feel with no vct? Noticeable loss of < 3000rpm power?

Shaun said it should be fine. I am not a thrasher, just give it the occasional squirt so the turbo should be fine. If it goes bang then i guess its a new turbo, not the end of the world ;)

It is a little bit flat low down but dunno if its the VCT of the fact i dropped 4psi. Im thinkin the latter...

Interesting shaun said its picked up mid range over what it was running before as it was doing its R&R through the mid range on the dyno. Maybe the dyno was loading it up a little more of which you wouldn't see on the street in second gear. Quite possible. :rofl:

So down low you mean before 3000rpm?

Yerah b4 3000 but think its just the decrease in boost im not use to but she comes on boost a lot smoother now, no jerky shit and feels really strong, pulls hard. Had an X Force muffler installed today. 3 inch twin up sweep tip. Strange but notcied a diff compared to the old one.

• 2 weeks later...

yeh all done!!! and a cheap price and he looked after me with a few other things at noi extra cost!! ended up less then he quoted!!! shuan and the guys at BW are CHAMPS!! THANKS!!

Went in for 2nd tune today at Boostwork with high pressure fuel pump and new rear muffler. Pulled 192kw but was losing about 3psi. Found it was a dodgy t- piece fitting leaking boost. Fixed her up and got 204rwkw. Pretty damn happy. :(

• 1 month later...

Hey Cubes,

Been a while but i may still be interesting. Looking at taking some money out of the account and spending it on the car, just getting the $$ for various mods. How much would i be looking at?

Cheers

Dan

You'd be looking at the purchase of the PFC + wiring/tuning.

PFC is around $780 ish from japan + what shaun charges for the wiring/tuning.

Your best bet is to contact Shaun/Troy directly as I believe they know you. A rough price I could give you is most likely way off. :)