SAU Community

Headlights On 350gt

After swapping my rims I am thinking of restoring the HID myself too. The balast plug was cut pretty close to the plug itself so i am wondering if I should find certain type of wire/cable to lengthening the wire? e.g. I heard of people saying 8 gauge, 12 gauge, what are those sizes? What wire is save enough for HID wiring? I don't want to accidentally getting a wire too thin that just overheats and melted or catch fire.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't thought of it. Must be loosing some more dead brain cells at that time...

I was thinking to access the lights by removing the front rims and open the wheel well plastic shroud lining. Rather than dropping the bumper. I think that's easier?

Anyhow, what wires size should I use for 12V DC (the one going into the balast, not the ignitor after the balast) if I want to extend the wiring?

PS: have you checked your email, Chris?

I didn't thought of it. Must be loosing some more dead brain cells at that time...

I was thinking to access the lights by removing the front rims and open the wheel well plastic shroud lining. Rather than dropping the bumper. I think that's easier?

Anyhow, what wires size should I use for 12V DC (the one going into the balast, not the ignitor after the balast) if I want to extend the wiring?

PS: have you checked your email, Chris?

Hei, I have the same problem, the wire was cut to short to the plug. It's easy, use a small flat head screw driver, dig out the white plastic piece. Then using 2 small flat head screw driver, One to push up the locking mechanism, one to push out the female pins. As for me, I just cut off the wire where they joint up the halogen bulb and solder on the clean out female pins. Wha la, you have the original plug on the wire that looks untouch. As for the purple rubber thingy, just push back to fill up the hole in the plug.

Thanks CHRIST :thumbsup: for the info on the blown fuse, I accidentally reverse polarity on one of my lamp. Blown one of the 15 amp fuse, which can be found behind the battery.

• 5 months later...
Hei, I have the same problem, the wire was cut to short to the plug. It's easy, use a small flat head screw driver, dig out the white plastic piece. Then using 2 small flat head screw driver, One to push up the locking mechanism, one to push out the female pins. As for me, I just cut off the wire where they joint up the halogen bulb and solder on the clean out female pins. Wha la, you have the original plug on the wire that looks untouch. As for the purple rubber thingy, just push back to fill up the hole in the plug.

Thanks CHRIST :) for the info on the blown fuse, I accidentally reverse polarity on one of my lamp. Blown one of the 15 amp fuse, which can be found behind the battery.

Hi mate.

If you need help. I am more than happy to give my hand. have done a lot with my head light, include put back Xenon. upgrade to 06, quad HID etc......

drop me a message if you need me

Frank

Looks like I have missed Chris for any time soon for lights conversion. Tried Just Jap - apparently they don't do it... Doesn't make sense as they get cars complied....

Anyone know any other places around Sydney? Local electrician, that no one has been to, is not an option - ones I tried didn't have a clue that you had to either take off the bumper or access from underneath. That is worrying to me.

Edited by russky

you haven't missed me

I'm still here, but I cannot get into the workshop I use here. the neighbor has a LOT of crap parked in front of the main entry.

that said - yes I can do it BUT I will only do it IF you have the OEM items and not a retro fit kit.

as for the drivers lock - as I said earlier in the week - I CANNOT turn around a part ex japan that quick. I ordered 3 left side actuators and not a right side one.

next time u down here, chris, what's a good bluetooth setup and rear cam? but i think i've run out of input channel though....

unless there's a way that the rear cam 'takes over' the screen whenever it's in reverse (powered by reverse light +12v)

you haven't missed me

I'm still here, but I cannot get into the workshop I use here. the neighbor has a LOT of crap parked in front of the main entry.

that said - yes I can do it BUT I will only do it IF you have the OEM items and not a retro fit kit.

as for the drivers lock - as I said earlier in the week - I CANNOT turn around a part ex japan that quick. I ordered 3 left side actuators and not a right side one.

The Kit I have is the Bosch from the group buy.

As I said, I am in no rush and more than happy to wait for an actuator and the next time that you will come down here (presumably gone by the time actuator would arrive and assuming both instances will occur within this year).

• 4 years later...

Hey everyone, I'm new here.

I have a friend of mine who owns a Nissan Skyline 350 GT and has just purchased a new set of headlights.

Unfortunately, he didn't pay enough attention while buying them and purchased a kit that requires the stock HID bulbs in order to work.

Now he has the headlights fitted in the car with no low beam bulbs at all - bad choice, I know. I'm trying to retrieve the stock HID "socket" that was originally taken off before the car was shipped to Australia.. but it seems kind of hard to find it online. Have you got any idea on where I can buy one?

Thanks a lot.

Btw here's a pic of what I need: that sort of socket with metal covered wires that goes from the HID ballast (which I already have taken off the stock headlights) to the D2S bulbs (which I also have, xenon, 6000K).

post-328-1205233698.jpg

ps I know the thread is really old but it's the right discussion so I'm posting here. :D

Edited by Obyboby

• 5 years later...

Hi guys,

I'm pretty shocking mechanically.

I purchased the following headlights for my 2003 350gt v35, the item description says I may need an adaptor kit. I feel the main light bulb is xenon but the strip light isn't? No clue. Just wandering if someone is kind enough to advise what I need to do to get these in?! Im in Melbourne and would pay someone for their time for an install.. but I would like to know what else I may need to purchase..

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F322416869577

Any guidance much appreciated. 

IMG_20190904_204401.jpg

IMG_20190904_204410.jpg