SAU Community

Car Stolen - Please Help!

Coxy31

I hope the criminal justice system does what its supposed to do!

and WTF is with the joker card? If it is a calling card, most cliche, try hard thing ever.

but werent they trying to burn the car, so wouldnt they expect the card to burn up as well?

yea hope those pricks get what they deserve! Hope this time around the justice system does prevail and sentence these pricks properly.

On a lighter note, how much was the car insured for? and has your mate decided what car he's going to buy next?

I might go check out the auction and see what the car goes for

im not too sure what the exact cost the car was insured for is, but it was an agreed value so he is satisfied with that. not too sure if he'll stay in the import scene or go for a 4WD.

So in 24-48 hrs, the car was stolen, joy rided, in a chase with cops before it escaped, was set on fire, recovered, and inspected by insurance assessors and declared a write-off. Wow, all happened so quickly!

Its sad to see the car being a write off :) c33's are rare as it let alone another one going off the road....good to hear the people got caught for it though

This scares the s**t out of me, I have to leave my car in shopping centre carpark for work all the time, gonna rig up some kill switches to go with my pager alarm and 3 point immobiliser.

So many imports being stolen lately its fcuked, be careful ppls because it can happen in broad daylight anywhere

Madaz, he had an RAA installed and supplied alarm and immobiliser. it was their top of the range equipment with multiple killswitches etc. im 99% sure that they are a Cyclopes model.

shy_s6, thanks of posting that. i'll let him know about the jeep :/

another update. this is from Sam (the owner)

The pricks caught stealing my laurel yesterday have been linked to several other nissan's and other cars which have been stolen. Got a call last night from CIB (Crime Investigation Bureau), saying that the two caught were in custody and will be charged with theft, arson and many other offences. So those who have had there nissan's or other cars stolen recently go to the local cop shop and ask if they have any leads. It might make you a happy person to find out that the cops have actually spent our time and money doin somethin worth while, rather than defectin cars which look nice and are not endangerin others lives.

As many of us thought there had been the link in all the thefts of imports lately, so no need to be scared of such low-life scum anymore.

A special thanks goes to fuzzydice for puttin 2 and 2 together to catch these pricks, your lead actually made the cops find them. I'm grateful that the car had been found in reasonable condition, even though its an insurance write-off. However i will be approachin the insurance co about the wreck. I will hopefully get the wreck and be sellin it, i know a few people are interested so PM me for more info. (The car is complied with RB20DET in it all legit, so it would be perfect for track or rebuilt for road)

Once again thanks to all those guys who put in effort and created any leads.

Sam.

Madaz, he had an RAA installed and supplied alarm and immobiliser. it was their top of the range equipment with multiple killswitches etc. im 99% sure that they are a Cyclopes model.

shy_s6, thanks of posting that. i'll let him know about the jeep :mrt:

ah yeah wouldnt of said there that good and if RAA installed it they prolly put the cyclops stickers on it

Umm, isn't the joker the 53rd card? ie. 52+1? How is it the 49th?

That's what I was thinking although it would be +2.

Hopefully we'll see a drop in the theft of imports now. There have been too many lately.

Edited by writeoff

Hi Guys

i work in the mawson lakes area and recently had my car broken into and attempted to be stollen (ignition and under dash ripped apart). Luckily while the car was in the car park prior to this someone picked up the license plate and i have since acquired the address of this plate, hoping the car used wasnt also stollen. Aparently it was the guys involved with all of the other stollen nissans going around.

Ill be payin a visit to this house in a matter of days....

Hi Guys

i work in the mawson lakes area and recently had my car broken into and attempted to be stollen (ignition and under dash ripped apart). Luckily while the car was in the car park prior to this someone picked up the license plate and i have since acquired the address of this plate, hoping the car used wasnt also stollen. Aparently it was the guys involved with all of the other stollen nissans going around.

Ill be payin a visit to this house in a matter of days....

Interesting, what suburb?

Keep us posted how you go.