SAU Community

What Happened To Bd4s?

BaysideBlue

I love HKS products, who does not???? However I never could contact BD4, they never ever answered the phone whenever I rang. I can assure you guys was during business hours. So I bought my HKS products from QLD and got them shipped to Sydney...shame ehhhh????

So, I really do not miss them......

EUG.

PS See you all at SHINE...end SHOW WHAT U GOT....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The workshop part is going to be sold from what Tom was planning, but Tom is keeping the Dyno room, office etc for selling parts and dyno tuning.

Paul and Tom went their own separate ways in the business (BD4's).

There is going to be a name change for the new business.

thanks for that info. yeah Tom's got one of the best dyno rooms in sydney. good to hear he's keeping it.

so who's taking over the hks side of business? who's Yoshi working with now? he is one of BD4s greatest assets (knows his cars and tunning)

Edited by BaysideBlue

I love HKS products, who does not???? However I never could contact BD4, they never ever answered the phone whenever I rang. I can assure you guys was during business hours. So I bought my HKS products from QLD and got them shipped to Sydney...shame ehhhh????

So, I really do not miss them......

EUG.

PS See you all at SHINE...end SHOW WHAT U GOT....

usually their will call you back if you leave a message. worked for me everytime. same goes for most other work shops.

I do respect your right to make this statement: being from America we have no limits to freedom of Speech.

If this is the case here in Australia I surprised. Now if you are talking about legal issues then that a how new ball game but that is not freedom of speeh. Their is no limits to freedom of speech!!

certainly. and BD4s are allowed to call it libellous and try punish us in a court of law. and then I'll remind you there is limits to freedom of speech,

just my personal observation... freedom of speech states im allowed to voice it :P

If we had freedom of speech, then yes we'd be allowed to voice it. But, Australia has not become the 51st state of the USA and so we don't.

In 1948 the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). Article 19 affirms the right to free speech:

Article 19. Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.(1)

Members of the Commonwealth Parliament reaffirmed the principles of the Declaration during a sitting on 10 December 1998 to mark the 50th anniversary of the UDHR and pledged to give wholehearted support to the principles enshrined in the Declaration.(2)

Article 19 of the 1966 United Nations International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) states that:

Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression ... (3)

Australia is a signatory to this treaty(4) and, in order to incorporate treaties and conventions into Australian law, governments must pass a specific Act of Parliament. Although some parts of the treaty have been implemented into law, such as the Human Rights Commission Act 1981,(5) no government has implemented the free speech provisions and therefore they are not enforceable by Australian courts.

I actually dropped this a while ago, but it seems quite a few people didn't...

unfortunately this is the interweb not Australia, there is nothing legislating that a web forum needs to provide a right of free speech. SAU is a private forum and we run to Christians rules

Feel free to stand on a box in the domain on thursdays instead.

Australia is a signatory to this treaty(4) and, in order to incorporate treaties and conventions into Australian law, governments must pass a specific Act of Parliament. Although some parts of the treaty have been implemented into law, such as the Human Rights Commission Act 1981,(5) no government has implemented the free speech provisions and therefore they are not enforceable by Australian courts.

(Emphasis added)

So, in other words, in Australia we don't actually have freedom of speech.

Edited by scathing

unfortunately this is the interweb not Australia, there is nothing legislating that a web forum needs to provide a right of free speech. SAU is a private forum and we run to Christians rules

Feel free to stand on a box in the domain on thursdays instead.

Martin place in Sydney CBD on a weekday may be more effective :)

I thought Liz had the biggest wang?

Abo bobs sig says so! ;)

You might want to talk to Corrine about who has the biggest wang...

i believe Adams sig says "massive" wang... not biggest...

maybe they should duel??? :domokun:

just wanting to ad my 2 cents, im glad to see bd4's close down.

i had never been treated so rudely till i went there enquiring about work to my car.

my car had a misfire problem, and i had $2000 ready to fix it but they werent interested. didnt even look at my car for more than 5 minutes before saying 'no we wont touch that'

the car had a custom turbo conversion..... $2000 should have been enough to rebuild the whole motor.

just wanting to ad my 2 cents, im glad to see bd4's close down.

i had never been treated so rudely till i went there enquiring about work to my car.

my car had a misfire problem, and i had $2000 ready to fix it but they werent interested. didnt even look at my car for more than 5 minutes before saying 'no we wont touch that'

the car had a custom turbo conversion..... $2000 should have been enough to rebuild the whole motor.

I'm not sure if you know but you wont get a rebuild done for $2000 especially from a shop.

I'm not sure if you know but you wont get a rebuild done for $2000 especially from a shop.

I'll rebuild it for $2000.

*Gets out sledgehammer, gaffer tape, super glue and 100 sheets of paper for gasket material*

I'll rebuild it for $2000.

*Gets out sledgehammer, gaffer tape, super glue and 100 sheets of paper for gasket material*

Haha I was going to say I don't even trust you trying to tune pfc's.. :dry:

lol never even heard of bd4s.. what does it stand for?

so they were famous or something??

Edit: ahh read a few posts up.. i know what it stands for now..

Edited by siddr20