SAU Community

What Happened To Bd4s?

BaysideBlue

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a shame that db4s has closed.they were a good workshop and they had the best christmas partys .

Aren't you susposed to be working Greg???? :(

I'll rebuild it for $2000.

*Gets out sledgehammer, gaffer tape, super glue and 100 sheets of paper for gasket material*

i already had all the parts, just needed someone to piece it together

i already had all the parts, just needed someone to piece it together

since when do u have a misfire problem and budget $2k for it?? obviously your not telling us the whole story. i get my car tuned there and tom is nothing but helpfull.

If they wouldnt touch your car then im sure it was for good reason, you make it sound like they wouldn't just because they wernt in the mood.

yeah like I said I never had anything major done there, but the times I have dealt with them they were great. one example. about 5 or 6 years ago I needed a harness for an HKS turbo timer, BD4s were the only ones who had it. My old man went and picked it up for me (cheap part, maybe $25) and Paul asked him to wait for a minute, went back into the shop and pulled out an english copy of the user manual for the thing (about 20 pages) and it was spiral bound and covered etc and just said, here take it, you might need it. I thought that was nice.

yeah like I said I never had anything major done there, but the times I have dealt with them they were great. one example. about 5 or 6 years ago I needed a harness for an HKS turbo timer, BD4s were the only ones who had it. My old man went and picked it up for me (cheap part, maybe $25) and Paul asked him to wait for a minute, went back into the shop and pulled out an english copy of the user manual for the thing (about 20 pages) and it was spiral bound and covered etc and just said, here take it, you might need it. I thought that was nice.

and by the way arnt you sposed to be working

I work, I just get everything done quickly so I can have relaxing time :bunny:

• 2 weeks later...

I found Paul, (Mr Bd4's)

just by chance the other day i ran into him, he and his mechanics are working out of carline mufflers just down the road, 25 higginbotham rd Gladesville , you can contact him on 98075145

Edited by 33drifter

i was talking to my good friend about this subject and how people are making a big deal of it so i showed him the post people have made ,he laughed his head off because he knows these guys well really well he was there many years ago working as a mechanic well be for most of you guys probably had license ,somethings people have said early in the post is true but most of it is crap.(his words not mine)he told me what happen and from my understanding it was a long time coming unfortunate but necessary . there is a moral to the story but he wont let me tell it.(long live the memory of bd4s) :P:)