SAU Community

Fuel Eco

After my tune, first tank: 303.3km/52L.

Second tank is looking slightly better. Most of my driving is peak hour with moderate stop start traffic.

HKS 2535, Bosch 040, Denso 550cc injectors, Link ECU, turbo back exhaust, pod, cooler. I think its making around 190rwkw on 1.1bar.

Not enough k's for my liking =|

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm having a N/A R34 - GT4, getting 14l/100k, about 300 till the quarter tank mark. about 340 till the lights come up.

Just had my injectors cleaned yesterday and the O2 sensor checked out. hopefully it will get better..

The RB30DET in the R31 gets a consistant 12.5L/100 around town with a/c on and some fanging, around 11.5L/100 with a/c off.

On freeway it only does 10.0L/100, dissapointing really, I think mainly due to cruising RPM at high freeway speeds at 3000rpm, due to short 3.7:1 diff ratio.

Needs a 6 speed box and rpm dropped down to around 1500rpm, then it should be doing around 7L/100km. (Based on the fact my RB30ET (less efficient) can do 10.0L/100 on freeway with a/c on - has taller diff ratio)

Could go taller diff ratio, but will loose some snapiness of the lower gears.

Also would improve if boost afr mixtures were a little leaner as well.

R34 GTT 1998

i got 15L/100 6.5km per 1 litre...... most city driving...lots of traffic light about 10km of highway..

it too much... i thinking to change O2 sensor.... hope it would help... injector was cleaned 3 time afteri bought this car about 2mth ago....

the previews owner were never f%$kn serviced this car... imported whe 45000 sold to me at 73000km f#$k ill never deal with that sort of guys

i just got 480km outta about 45L of shell v-power.

Mildly modded 33 gts-t with PFC

That was on the freeway though (syd to central vic)

Only got 400 outta nearly a full tank of BP ultimate.....but found out when i filled up at the shell that o2 feed back was switched off :thumbsup: my bad

Hey Guys great excel table i might have to make one myself,

I just got my new personal best due to the great drift weather.

ohh i mean great rainy weather i only just got 280Km from 55L fill YES whoot

hey zennon what mods do you have to get 568km, you must have i light foot and a great tuner

i have an r33 gtst, gets 300k's from 32-35L.

No matter how i drive its always around that.

car has 200+kw with powerfc running the show. was similar on stock ecu but with a bit less power obviously lol

hey zennon what mods do you have to get 568km, you must have i light foot and a great tuner

haha, i must admit i was impressed but didn't really know quite how good it was until now (compared with others)

has the normal little things: fmic, pod, 3" turbo back exhaust, 11psi, etc (for more info)

the guy i bought it from told me it had gtr fuel pump and remapped ecu but who knows...

he also told me it had a heavy duty brass button clutch which was a complete lie

Hey Guys great excel table i might have to make one myself,

I just got my new personal best due to the great drift weather.

ohh i mean great rainy weather i only just got 280Km from 55L fill YES whoot

I feel less lonely now that someone else has the same economy as me haha

What mods do u have?

I did 318km on 51L for my last fill.

The old RB20DET @ 1bar, stock ecu, stock airbox, fmic & 3" exhaust making 164rwkw used to consistently crack 470km's to 50-52litres.

The RB30DET is a touch heavier on fuel and usually see's 430-450km's to a tank but I do tend to give it a little more stick as it loves off idle acceleration. :domokun:

A little bit of open road 100km/h cruising and fuel economy pushes easily over 500km's to a tank.

Its always been reasonable on fuel. It appears some cars are some aren't. Possibly driving style when you are driving slow/cruising? I've found I see a noticable improvement in economy shifting up around 2000-2500rpm absolute max in every gear even if it means using a little more throttle; get it in to top gear asap. Drop some nulon fuel system cleaner in it every 10,000km's and thats pretty much all I do.

Hey, Just filled up. 45 L of BP Ulitmate for 280Km.

R32 GTR 3" Exhaust, PFC, 660cc, running 1 bar making 310hp

I really didnt think it was that good... and that driving was highway and peak hr

Mark

my stock R33gtst was making 350kms per 50L

with a dump, cat back, clean AAC, new fuel, air and oil filter - it still makes 350

:D

Edited by made_guy

my r33 running 10psi - 221kw (highway) is better than a guy i know who bought nearly stock r33! dunno if there is anything wrong with his car...... just changed my fuel filter too. plus tighned my intercooler piping which is always good because loose pipes ect. will make you car idle higher... more fuel consuption. And dont hit the accelerater too hard, cause when i open her up u can see the fuel gauge needle drop!

I feel less lonely now that someone else has the same economy as me haha

What mods do u have?

I did 318km on 51L for my last fill.

i have a very near stock R32 GTS4 rb20det, its got i nismo air filter in standard box and a Split dump pipe, but in saying that i have 157kw at the wheels and still running stock 8psi

also i did a freak run, i got 407km from my last tank and filled 60L, mostly highway with full car!!

weird if you ask me cause i thrashed it with an extra 250kg extra

normaly 440 odd on my r32 gtst. Normaly Driving....neva under 100kms each quater marking (evn thou it moves un evenly)

had even got 630 kms doin a highway trip...53.8 liters used, my girl friend was driving...my heavier foot would be able to match those numbers

normaly 440 odd on my r32 gtst. Normaly Driving....neva under 100kms each quater marking (evn thou it moves un evenly)

had even got 630 kms doin a highway trip...53.8 liters used, my girl friend was driving...my heavier foot would be able to match those numbers

haha - yeah same boat as me

• 3 weeks later...