SAU Community

Fuel Eco

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

for the past month or two i have been getting 260kms to a tank! lol. had a new turbo on and it was running rich then, turbo decided to shit itself and so stocky is back on, havent been for a tune cuz im saving money to rebuild the turbo and then get it tuned. i go through a full tank every 4 days lol

Thought id update and say 750km from 1 tank!!! (was all highway, but still) Guess Skylines can be daily drivers if you live out in the country :(

750????? :D

You sure you were'nt in a barina dreaming of a skyline :bunny:

Thought id update and say 750km from 1 tank!!! (was all highway, but still) Guess Skylines can be daily drivers if you live out in the country :bunny:

Lets see if I can convince my dad to get a r34 to replace his toyota camry I4 2.2 (does around 600km a tank)

i thought myne was pretty thirsty but looks about right. a full tank on myne lasts between 350-400km/tank But i drive a mixed of spirited driving and crusing on the highway. I very rarely get above 400km. only once and that was from canb to syd of which i nearly reached 500km. Alot of the first posts seemed to state they were getting close to 500km's on a tank from a r33. Weird... maybe the fuel has changed or something?

I just dont think people are calculating their fuel usage properly..

they assume that E on the gauge means its empty..

If i went by my fuel gauge id be filling up every 250-300 kms

but i get closer to 450 from a tank of pure suburb driving

remember..

fill fuel tank to the top

reset trip

drive drive drive

fill fuel to top again..

Divide the litres of fuel you put in by your trip meter.. eg

42l/ 298kms = 0.140939

in other words.. 14.09l/per 100kms

Edited by MotoMan

R33 GTS-t running 230-240rwkw on low boost.

I get about 200-220km/s per tank which i think is apalling despite not much of it being freeway driving.

I'm gonna get it re-tuned as my tuner says thats the problem. might get the O2 sensor checked also.

When it was stock i was only getting around 300km's to a tank also.

R33 GTS-t running 230-240rwkw on low boost.

I get about 200-220km/s per tank which i think is apalling despite not much of it being freeway driving.

I'm gonna get it re-tuned as my tuner says thats the problem. might get the O2 sensor checked also.

When it was stock i was only getting around 300km's to a tank also.

I'd say it is the tune.

Mine is making 268rwkw on 15.5psi with a GT30 and has just returned 410km's to a tank (50litres) and that was with a heavy foot as you do when its just been tuned and you want to see what it goes like. :laugh:

I have the o2 sensor turned off.

Its running the RB26 base ignition map and hasn't had the ignition tweaked for light load/cruise (load points 12+ have only been tweaked)

Its running 15:1 up to load point 12 where it runs 13:1 during boost build.

So only fuel has been tweaked; no ignition and its returning fairly decent economy considering how it has been driven.

I just dont think people are calculating their fuel usage properly..

they assume that E on the gauge means its empty..

If i went by my fuel gauge id be filling up every 250-300 kms

but i get closer to 450 from a tank of pure suburb driving

remember..

fill fuel tank to the top

reset trip

drive drive drive

fill fuel to top again..

Divide the litres of fuel you put in by your trip meter.. eg

42l/ 298kms = 0.140939

in other words.. 14.09l/per 100kms

Exactly what I was going to say too... To all these people posting "350km per tank" etc -- this is a completely inaccurate measurement because no-one runs their tank to empty so therefore every persons measurement (ie. "per tank") is a different size!! :)

As above, work out your L/per 100km usage as this is the only accurate measurement of fuel usage!

Oh yeah... I get about 380-400km per tank :)

My last fill was 47.69L divided by 380km = 12.5L/100km - Normal suburban driving

• 2 weeks later...