SAU Community

C210 Vs 240k Carpet - Is It The Same?

There are plenty of new carpets available for the 240k on ebay etc, but none for the C210.

Is the floorpan (floorplan?) the basically the same for both models? It two pieces and you have to cut your own holes anyway, so it doesnt need to be a perfect match...

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Comparison of two cars tends to indicate that the same platform was used so presumably the carpet would interchange.

No guarantee though - I haven't actually tried installing the C110 carpet in a C210.

Expect the cheap stuff through eBay to stretch and move around pretty quickly.

Why not try Exact Fit Moulded Auto Carpets on (08) 8337 6000. Not the cheapest but I have had good results when they had the right parts.

Indirectly related but may save some aggro:

Buy about 5m of good quality Velcro hook'n'loop around 25mm wide and a tube or small tin of real good 'gorilla snot' trim adhesive.

Places like Spotlight (haberdashery or clothing material) for the Velcro.

A real automotive trim or panel supply firm for the adhesive (not Supercheap etc!).

Secure the edges with Velcro plus a couple of strips across under the front footwell areas.

That's really good to know, cheers.

The previous owner of my car clearly had kids who liked chewing gum and boiled sweets. Impossible to remove from the carpet (the gum as opposed to the kids).

That's really good to know, cheers.

The previous owner of my car clearly had kids who liked chewing gum and boiled sweets. Impossible to remove from the carpet (the gum as opposed to the kids).

Have you tried "ICE" to freeze the gum, may help to get it out.

Nigel

petrol is another one that dilutes chewing gum but is probably not so good for the carpet

I was getting a bit worried about the idea of removing the previous owners kids from the carpet... ;)

Edited by hot_c210

• 4 years later...