SAU Community

Last weekend i decided to tidy up some wiring under the dash of my R33 GTST S2 so i thought i would do the safe thing and disconnect the negative of my battery..it was disconnected for proberly 2 hrs but ever since i connected it back up my transmission is crap.

Now when i take off in drive from 1st to 2nd it near jolts your head off..from 2nd to 3rd it just won't change unless i lift my foot off the throttle a bit and the same for 3rd to 4th, even changing gears manually it does the same..i've done a search and found some members posts that have had sort of the same problem tried and checked all the surggestion made but no luck.

Fluid level is fine, theres no difference between a warm or cold transmission....would the ecu may have reset while i had the battery disconnected and now its not controlling gear changes like it should.

any advise or ideas would be great...thanks guys and girls

battery shouldnt have affected it, what did you do when you tidied up the wiring ? possibly you have knocked something loose. Check the Auto ecu behind the drivers kick panel, unplug and replug it and any other plug you might have touched inadvertently, might just be a loose connection from the ECU to the Auto ECU, speed signal eg

Edited by chook

battery shouldnt have affected it, what did you do when you tidied up the wiring ? possibly you have knocked something loose. Check the Auto ecu behind the drivers kick panel, unplug and replug it and any other plug you might have touched inadvertently, might just be a loose connection from the ECU to the Auto ECU, speed signal eg

it was just a simple tidy up didnt unplug anything just zip tired and secure wires hanging down...but i will get back under and check......thanks chook

• 2 weeks later...

well i checked everything all looks fine...really strange and giving me the poohs...to get it to change from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th i have to rev it out to 3500 to 4000 rpm or lift my foot off the throttle each time i get a shit gear change.

would this be a job for an auto electrician or a transmission mechanic?

• 3 weeks later...

Problem fixed it was the TPS got all out of whack got me stumped how..lucky i found a pretty cluey tranny mechanic who sorted it out and also done a mod to my tranny its perfect now

Problem fixed it was the TPS got all out of whack got me stumped how..lucky i found a pretty cluey tranny mechanic who sorted it out and also done a mod to my tranny its perfect now

What was the mod that he did?

similar to a shift kit... just drilled out the oil holes in the valve body...gear change is more responsive but not to harsh

Interesting. Never heard of this before. So your gear changes are quicker and sharper, but it doesnt have the harshness of smacking into gear like a proper shift kit?

Interesting. Never heard of this before. So your gear changes are quicker and sharper, but it doesnt have the harshness of smacking into gear like a proper shift kit?

yep

• 9 years later...
On 29/7/2007 at 9:31 PM, R33_ACT said:

would really like details on this, anyone ever work out just what was drilled and how big??