SAU Community

Where To Get 1992 R32 Gts-t Globes?

DRUX

i've been looking everywhere for replacement globes for my R-32

but no luck. :mrt:

apparently i need to find the 'H3C' type globe to fit the R-32

does anyone know where i can find these type of globes..

anywhere besides ebay and JAPAN.

i want to get a nice white coloured beam.. and i just cbf get HIDs right now.

thanks.

Tim.

From what i have found early R32's (ie mine) use a H3C low beam and a H3 high beam. Later R32's that i have looked at are H1 low and H1 high.

As for replacement H3C globes with a whiter/bluer light, decent ones are hard to come by. Philips or Narva don't make them. I tired a set from ebay which had a nice coloured light but only lasted a couple of months. Then i tried a set of Autotecnica ones and one of the globes blew within 5 minutes of putting it in. Then when i pulled it out again it basically disintegrated in my hands.

Might be worth saving up for HID's unless one of the Japanese manufactures makes a decent quality replacement globe.

From what i have found early R32's (ie mine) use a H3C low beam and a H3 high beam. Later R32's that i have looked at are H1 low and H1 high.

As for replacement H3C globes with a whiter/bluer light, decent ones are hard to come by. Philips or Narva don't make them. I tired a set from ebay which had a nice coloured light but only lasted a couple of months. Then i tried a set of Autotecnica ones and one of the globes blew within 5 minutes of putting it in. Then when i pulled it out again it basically disintegrated in my hands.

Might be worth saving up for HID's unless one of the Japanese manufactures makes a decent quality replacement globe.

ohhh dam. so ur saving up for HID's hey?

so your saying there might be a possiblilty that my globes are H1's. that would be sweet.

i went into autbarn and talked to some guy for 1 hour about lights and R-32s..

he said hes tried getting H3 bulbs and then welding them onto the H3C bulb holder thing. that just sounds like TOO much hard work. but a possibility.

i guess HID's are the way to go hey.

time to make some money lol.

DUDE....

H3c's come from any local auto store, or a rice carshop or ANYWHERE it's a lighting fitment

take your light globe out.... the broken one, take it out...

..no, ACTUALLY TAKE IT OUT it's not that difficult,

look at the base, find out and buy the globe you need,

as for HID.... GET IT.... it's an actual investment not a modification because you can see so much better i have a cefiro and the advantages of the HID system are amazing

I agree, HID's are a good upgrade in a way. They light up the entire road, but you're also blinding on coming traffic. I've got a HID kit installed at the moment and if I were to upgrade headlights again, I would go retro fitting. Much better cut off line and no hot spots at all. Only down side to retro fitting is that it's very expensive.

I just blew one fo mine...

a low beam for a 89....

wat type do i need...?

i dont have my car near me this weeks so i cant pull it out, i thought id get the globes b4 i get the car back

wat is the type?

explain the numbers and H1 H3 HC3???

cheers

I just blew one fo mine...

a low beam for a 89....

wat type do i need...?

i dont have my car near me this weeks so i cant pull it out, i thought id get the globes b4 i get the car back

wat is the type?

explain the numbers and H1 H3 HC3???

cheers

Chances are, you have the H3C's in your car mate. I'm not positive that they're H3C, but it's most likely. Only way to know is wait till your car comes back and make sure.

H1, H3 and H3C are just the names of the types of globes. They have different focus points and are different sizes (I think H3 and H3C are similar though, but not the same).

autobarn have a few to choose from , i got the phillips crystal vision for my 32. was about 80 a pair. you could probally get cheaper if you shoped around. much whiter and clearer then stock without blowing my wallet on HIDs

H3c's are common now more than a couple of years ago, so dont stress about finding them. A few sponsors on here sell them as well, if not try ns.com as well.

Its a good idea to fit a twin relays as well for the high low beam as the light switch sometimes burns out as there isnt one fitted. This can also make the std lighting appear brighter.

headlight-1.jpg