SAU Community

Are Wheel Spacers Illegal In Wa?

THIRTY33

Don't bother with spacers, there's a very good reason why they're illegal. Always get the perfect fittment for ur rims, or ur car will blame you for it, might even try to take ur life for it too. :P

SHIT!! :) I bought a set of rims from ian diffens when i first got my skyline bout a month ago and they put wheel spacers in the fronts to clear the brake calipers. i didn't know they were illegal can i do anything to fix the problem eg take them back and get a set that fit properly. is there a law where they would have to rectify the problem. any help would be great.

they put ally plates between the hub and the rim. probably a dumb question but whats the difference between wheel spacers and hub locaters??

Edited by Gabbo2047

did really understand what a hub locator actually does, i think it helps the wheel fit porperly. well a spacer will be much thicker prob like 10 to 20+mm

If the wheel dont fit, dont use it!

Go back to ian diffen, give them back the rims which obviously dont suit your car, get your money back and go to a dealer who can sell you the correct wheel for the car.

they put ally plates between the hub and the rim. probably a dumb question but whats the difference between wheel spacers and hub locaters??

th hub locaters help fill th gap between th hub hole in th middle of th rim an th bit of th hub that pokes out from th center of th disc rotor

its to stop movement of th wheels on th hubs

are your hubs bigger on the back??? if they needed spacers to clear the brakes then they're not hub locators/rings locators are for when your center is drilled out wider than the hub . hub takes the load studs are just to keep the wheel there and apply centrivical ( ?? ) force .. any one gunna correct me ??

Edited by stilgar