SAU Community

Best ECU for oz R31 with 32 rb20det?

g'day posting for a mate who has an aussie r31 with an r32rb20det.the ecu he has in it is for an auto model and his car is manual would getting a r32 manual ecu reap any benefits?. and what is best after market ecu on market for power increase at moment any help would be muchly appreciated.

cheerz

ps would powerfc fit?

Power FCs for RB20DETs are hard to come by, so if your lucky enough to find one demand usually means they are a little more expensive then say for an R33.

I would suggest a Microtech, not my favourite ecu, but for price, proven results, and the amount of shops who can confidently wire and tune, then id say it is perhaps the best option.

I had some dramas with Microtech in my old R31 import running an RB20DET.

In fairness to the Microtech ECU it was expected to run with ageing Nissan sensors, (R32 6 port motor, still up to 10 year old engine) Some tuners price an installation with new sensors, whilst other dont. Just like the extent of the mapping, not all shops choose to offer the same.

In sydney the local Autronic dealer can do an SMC, installed and tuned for $2600-$2900 depending on odds and ends. From memory a few Autronic specific sensors are included in that price.

I for one actually dont mind an ECU that doesnt work with OE sensors, as often import motors can have corroded leads, wires, and faulty/ageing sensors, which if replaced with a new ECU can help achieve trouble free driving. Problem is the $$$ just keep adding up