SAU Community

Autosalon

thirty four

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guy, its good to get some support.

The display is going to look awsome i think. A good friend of mine is doing a lighting display for us, he does this for a living, so it should be great! We have promo girl organized, banners etc. PK has put in ALOT of work, time and his own money to get this off the ground, and ive been running around adelaide collecting peoples money to get it all in nice and early.

Can we see pictures of all the cars promo girl that are representing sau sa then

i think that is probably the more important question pk... do we at least get a vote on that?? :D

edit: errr... meybe not pictures of all the promo girl, damn strike out!!

Edited by Fishpaste~

Is there anycars with a decent looking engine bay and some nice kw figures???

it shouldnt be just on that.

im sorry but my engine bay looks shite at the moment and my car only puts out 120 kW BUT IM HAPPY WITH THAT.

i am always being asked "why didnt i get a turbo car" and "what a silly thing it was to get a n/a"

but you know what i DONT CARE its my car. i got what i wanted, im sick of everyone always judging a car by how many kW's it puts out and what the engine bay looks like etc...........

cant we just appreciate what the car looks like on the outside sometimes and not worry about how many kW's the car is putting out???

Yes, there is.. PK's engine bay is looking awesome! Alot of work done on that recently.. Hostile.. whatsisname.. few others ..

Like Cara said tho, its not all about engine bays and kw's.. not everyone cares about that

Is there anycars with a decent looking engine bay and some nice kw figures???

My car has been entered as part of the SAU entry. Is my engine bay to your standard, Dan? (Picture is a few months old and taken via camera phone)

RWKW? I'm not sure yet... hopefully 60-80rwkw more than it had last time I hit the drag strip.

Thought I'd add an interior picture too.

*EDIT* The engine bay was far from finished when this shot was taken... there's a lot more bling to come yet :nyaanyaa:

Completely off topic but, Dan, are you a weekend warrior or are you a regular? And where are you currently based (Keswick, Woodside, Hampstead or the other one - Oaklands Park area - I can't recall at the moment) ? I'm guessing you're a PTE. Been in very long? Me: SGT. Been 'in' for ~18yrs.

post-81-1184071174.jpg

post-81-1184071418_thumb.jpg

goddam! thats one of the nicest engine bays of a 33 i have seen in a long time, nice work dude!

Oh by the way, im the guy that was with flick when she met up with ya to get autosalon form.

Thanks, Luke. As I wrote above, that picture is a little old now. There's still a bit more work to do - the engine bay should be looking a bit better and much cleaner by Autosalon time.

Yep mate, I remember you :nyaanyaa:

About 95% of it has been done here in SA. There's a mix of chrome, polished alloy, mirror polished stainless and some of it is silverchrome ceramic coating. You can't really see that much in the pic'.

I did some of it but most of it is professional work.

A1 Metal Finishers

Ceramic Coat Australia (part of Pacemaker Headers)

Stan's polishing (or something like that?)

well theres one of the promo girls, nev she did SCS as well

eeeeekkk!!!!! sif let someone sit on your car?!?!?!??!! i hope she had a really nice arse!!!!! :P:nyaanyaa:

and isnt she kinda short?? (no offence, i like short chicks, their normally more fistey =P) but dont taller promo girls attract more attention? or are we going for quality not quantity?? :whistling: perhaps the voting was done florida stye, rigged from the inside i tell you!!! its all rigged! i could swear i voted for the leggy brunette!!!

My car has been entered as part of the SAU entry. Is my engine bay to your standard, Dan? (Picture is a few months old and taken via camera phone)

RWKW? I'm not sure yet... hopefully 60-80rwkw more than it had last time I hit the drag strip.

Thought I'd add an interior picture too.

*EDIT* The engine bay was far from finished when this shot was taken... there's a lot more bling to come yet :nyaanyaa:

Completely off topic but, Dan, are you a weekend warrior or are you a regular? And where are you currently based (Keswick, Woodside, Hampstead or the other one - Oaklands Park area - I can't recall at the moment) ? I'm guessing you're a PTE. Been in very long? Me: SGT. Been 'in' for ~18yrs.

Hell yeh thats what i like to see lol. I know its not all based on kw, it was just the first few cars that were presented were all show no go thats why i ask, chill guys not looking for a fight just interested in whats goin in a bit from both sides of the fence.

.....And yeh im a reg been in bout 4 1/2 years im a cfn up at woodside (electronics technician). Where bouts are you based and whats your job lol.

From what I've seen of the cars entered, there is a good spread of power and cosmetic mod's. Something for everyone :nyaanyaa:

Well, we're fairly closely aligned then, Dan. I'm a RAAF Avionics Technician - pretty much the same as an ET in the Army. I'm at DSTO (near RAAF Edinburgh). The unit I'm with is Tri-Service (Army, Navy and RAAF) and surprisingly enough we regularly liase with the guys at 16AD Woodside (RBS70 sim' and info').