SAU Community

Autosalon

thirty four

hey man, if your serious about lending coilovers, flick might take you up on the offer :worship:

just remembered that i had lost my lock nut ages ago, i'm trying to get them off with a socket but these locknuts r hard and not budgin, anyone got any ideas?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was probably aimed at me and yes its getting lowered along with a few other things. but i dont have thousands of dollars to spend on my car like some people do and i cant justify doing it either.

not having a go, but why do other people care what others think of THEIR OWN car?

call my car rice i dont care, my last car was 240rwkw and i had my fun with 7 defects but now im trying to keep it legal (still managed to get 2 defects already though :) )

cheers

kye

...........and just to clear things up, i'm only 22, i am in debt for over a quarter of a million dollars, i have an 18 month old and an import so i don't even have hundreds let alone thousands! haha! :worship:

...........and just to clear things up, i'm only 22, i am in debt for over a quarter of a million dollars, i have an 18 month old and an import so i don't even have hundreds let alone thousands! haha! :worship:

Paul ?

(i can read it says Ash...but a fake name :) ?)

Edited by KISIN

wo, this got all a little bit out of hand. I was just having a little bit of fun cause it was an sau display and hardly any people from sau knew about it. no offence was intedned.

Sorry if ppl took offence, and kye to be honest that wasn't pointed at you in particular cause i love the colour of your car.

ppl have different views on what makes a car good and that is what makes this world go round and not boring!

But seriously people if you are going to have a nice car with nice colour, wheels and kit it has to atleast be lowered for autosalon and if you don't have lowered springs i will personally lend someone my coilovers!

wasnt having a go at all and wasnt aimed at you abou the money either was trying trying to get my point acrossed is all. i couldnt care if you car is a drift pig like my last car or a show poney that good for nothing but looking good like my car now, we all drive skylines becasue we love them :dry:

the cars a work in progress and was meant to be my dailey but my slide car blew up and cought fire :ninja: and then someone tried breaking into the 32 so i took it as a best i could and made something outta it on minimal money (with insurence help :thumbsup: ) that all i was trying to say with the money.

youve got me on the whole owing 250k and a kid while still keeping a import so good on you for that dude. im only 19, trying to save for a house, owning a import that spends more time off the road then it does on it but i dont have a kid (that i know of :spank: ) so i kinda know what your going through, its tuff but worth it.

maybe one day the 32 can be my new slide car and i can make it less ricey but now its all i got and can afford and its how i get to work too.

see you at auto-shlong and the cars going to be lowered, but wont have my exhaust till scs :mad: my diff blew and something else has gone on the 32 so that needs fixing.

kye

I dont think it should matter what cars go, I dont think anyone should pick the cars that go either. Why pick cars to represent SAU when everyone contributes. I just think there should be a certain criteria that should be met in terms of expectations and the people that wish to enter should abide by them.

For instance, I was going to make my car look good and enter autosalon but have got caught up in other costs and want a bit more performance rather than looks, I know my car isnt worth taking to Autosalon if all thats going to happen is the car is gonna have its Bonnet left down all day to hide the stock looking rb25 and just show off the body kit and paint. My point is, sensibly in my head I know it shouldnt be in autosalon because clearly its not in that classification of all show and no balls or all show and all balls, mines just mediochre balls and no show atm.

my2c

All i was meaning is i would of liked to enter with SAU. As it would of been a fun weekend. But i guess i will have to go solo.

Hey Sean, (Sorry if i spelt your name wrong)

You are more than welcome to come over and chat with us at the SAU display as is anyone else that is going to come to Autosalon that does not have there cars in the display. But please people don't turn this into a Nissan Silvia thread as in previous years we have tried to get this sort of thing up and running and every has bagged autosalon or said they would do it and backed out. I just hope we can all be happy as we have 11 cars in the display and we were just trying to represent each model and put on a good display for SAU.

Sorry if there were some people that were not invited that would of really liked to go to autosalon, but as with every type of evert like this there are only limited numbers and i think PK and Flick have done a great job and i am sure they are taking note for the next time we put on a club display that you could be interested. It is so hard to do something like this as it hard to please everyone.

My 2 c

Shaun

Yeah mate i understand is no worries. I was just waiting till the tread of who wanted in came up but i never saw it and expressed my interest in entering in this one.

I have alway done salon and i enjoy it, and i'm sure this yeah will be no different

thanks shaun, agree with everything ya wrote.

We didnt mean to insult anyone or anything. I havent been a member of SAU that long, not long enough to know many people or their cars.. but was still keen to enter this year with SAU, so i approaced PK who had previously made a comment to me about if i would enter with sau or not.. and said i was interested etc and offered to help organize it.

I was worried people would get negative and nasty about it, but please dont guys.. as a few have said, ive been told that in previous years people have been keen but it never got off the ground, so pk and i decided to get active and organize it.

Everyone that is intering with sau would love the rest of sau's support im sure

Edited by *flick*

The only way to fix this problem is to open up the show to all SAU ppl in Adelaide, and give all the members the chance to go with SAU and if they start dropping out remember them for the next show and they wont be asked again.

The only way to fix this problem is to open up the show to all SAU ppl in Adelaide, and give all the members the chance to go with SAU and if they start dropping out remember them for the next show and they wont be asked again.

very well said :dry:

Well there is always SCS in november so express your interest now so people can look back and see who is keen, can always pile heaps off cars into SCS

Thats a good plan to a point but that should of be done before A/S .you have to let ppl know how and what you are going to do not just do it with out telling ppl thats what they did in Russia and that also didn't work there just as its not working here .

limited spots for autosalon if you opened it up to everyone how do you pick and choose who comes and who does not?

Do you get everyone to meet in a car park on a specific day and put it to a vote of the cars that turn up?