SAU Community

###***r33 Gtr 1995***### Sold

Can you tell us a bit more about the car?

Any mods?

Any accident history?

Some better photos of the scratch in the bonnet and the sump where its cracked?

How long have you had the car?

Any other problems you have had/fixed prior to this one?

Was it last registered in your name?

Where are you located?

Cheers mate

Can you tell us a bit more about the car?

Any mods?

Any accident history?

Some better photos of the scratch in the bonnet and the sump where its cracked?

How long have you had the car?

Any other problems you have had/fixed prior to this one?

Was it last registered in your name?

Where are you located?

Cheers mate

pm sent

it all sounds too good to be true.i mean this car was purchased by you from someone else on these forums for $18k , which the seller stated the same problem with oil pump and yet youve taken delivery of the car and have decided its too hard to fix as well??? i think that the most people would see the motor fail before they would realise that the oil pump is cactus! i know that if i were driving down the road in my car and the oil pump ceased to work anymore or the sump was cracked i would probably not notice the problem until the engine stopped ie; my eyes are on the road more than the oilpressure gauge.

it all sounds too good to be true.i mean this car was purchased by you from someone else on these forums for $18k , which the seller stated the same problem with oil pump and yet youve taken delivery of the car and have decided its too hard to fix as well??? i think that the most people would see the motor fail before they would realise that the oil pump is cactus! i know that if i were driving down the road in my car and the oil pump ceased to work anymore or the sump was cracked i would probably not notice the problem until the engine stopped ie; my eyes are on the road more than the oilpressure gauge.

thanks for your input mate!

Ive been through hell and back having had both my cars broken into just 2 weeks ago hence the reason Im selling not your assumption of too hard to fix.... Im gutted having to sell it!!! Unless your interested in buying this car dont post here..............

BigCarl you make some very worthwhile comments,

I am also interested in this vehicle although it does seem like there is more to the engine problems than just the sump and oil pump whether Dan knows about them or not, having not had the car running I would assume he does not.

And Dan i'm sorry that we are not asking questions but your thread is the logical place to get info from other skyline owners/enthusiasts about what the potential buyer might be up for when purchasing your car.

I think if you want your money back for the car you should get a written mechanics report from a reputable skyline workshop because anyone buying this is taking quite a risk and therefore is reluctant to part with their hard earned when they could be up for a big bill before even getting behind the wheel.

That said, i'm considering coming to have a look at it with some equip to check the engine out and have a good look at it. I'll pm you when I can work out a day to get time off work and we can arrange it.

Cheers mate

Guys I just want to say, this car is listed at $18990 for gods sake...

Obviously there is a risk with buying anything and I cant assure the engine is fine but thats the reason its listed for $18990ono....

Its not like Im asking $26000...

Inspections are welcome anytime...

yes but $18990 plus $8500 for a rebuild equals $27499! another question why is there no timing belt? i rest my case ...

timing belt is in the boot, was taken off along with the radiator and condensor to change the oil pump and sump...........

What are you trying to achieve by putting the car down so much???

Its either you want to buy or you dont...

Plus $18990 is the asking price, its not set in stone...