SAU Community

Help On Amplifier Wiring

hey

i have a clarion apa2061 amplifier 60 watt 2/1 channel. I need to get a rough idea how to wire it up to my r33. I have a panasonic 200 watt mp3 head unit that i wired in with 2 6 inch 240 watt speakers. I have never dealed with an amp before so i need a full heads up. is there a place where i can get the manual for it off the internet since i bought it 2nd hand? is there a way to test that it acually works? what is the term bridgeable? mi amp has a bridge. what is the term channel?

any help would be much apreciated

mark

It's not hard if you know what your doing, but it sounds like you don't really understand it at all - so if i were you i'd take it somewhere and get it installed, save yourself the time and $ (after you stuff it up, it will probably cost you more to get it fixed/installed).

OR get a friend who does know to help you?

Basically you need to run RCA cables from your headunit to the amp, you need to give the amp 12v power, ground and a remote trigger from the headunit to turn it on and off, and then you need to run the speaker cables from the amp to the speakers, and then tune it... There is a bit more to it than that, little things, not hard if you know how.

in the 33's its a bit easier, pretty much as above...

You have your power and earth in the boot, make sure you earth it to a factory bolt and not the battery.

Run your speaker cables to the rear of the car with your RCA's and along with your trigger wire

Run all your rca's just incase you want to run subs n stuff in the future so you don't have to pull everything appart again.

If you get a amp wiring kit, 8 guage is plenty for what your running and will have everything in there except speaker wires.

you also need to take our your back seats to run the cables... bit of mucking around if your up to it, but there are generic amp wiring diagrams which all work the same anyways.

for bridging the channels etc. you don't need that for your 6"'s

Basically you need to connect wires into every terminal on the amplifier or it wont work; except the high/low level input, that is not necessary.

Power from bat, through fuse to positive. ground to boot, remote to head unit. RCA from head unit to L and R on amp. And speakers to you speakers...wouldn't worry about the bridge unless u are dealing with subs.

You'll find that if you can bridge you can put the + of one channel to the - of a bridged channel.

My amp has 4 Channels and 2 subs, one sub is bridged on 1 and 3 (Left) and the other 2 and 4 (Right)