SAU Community

8gb Mp4 Player

SKYLVIA

Hey all,

Im heading O/S in about a month and need to get a music device, but i want to play video (MP4, avi, wmv and possibly mkv?) aswell.

I did a search on ebay for 8gb mp4 players and it came up with "Meizu" which seems to be a chinese brand, and chinese product with no english function from what i can see... i tried to search for reviews but couldnt find anything...

I dont really want an iPod, i had a 40gb a few years ago, and i dont like how they work, always having to use iTunes to import/export etc... plus freezing and skipping faults...

So is there an mp4 player that's any good? any recommendations? i think id need atleast 8gb to fit everything i want. would probably go up to 20gb to be safe... but yeah... any recco's?

Edited by SKYLVIA

i ended up buying a Toshiba GigaBeat today. bought it for $364 from JB, its 60gb, plays .avi .wmv mp4 and divx formats, price also included 3 year extended warranty. has a massive screen and can be sync'd with windows media player, i think its got windows media centre on it... im not too sure but it looks like it. but it essentially is just plug and play, can be accessed from 'my computer'. so im pretty happy with it. for now any way lol...