SAU Community

Who knows about PAINT

Guest YZF-R1 Maniac

Guest YZF-R1 Maniac

Hey guys. Im in the market for a R33 Skyline GTS-25T at the moment. Been looking in all the usual places and most of the good cars i can find are white. I realise that it is a major job to change the colour of a car(well to do it right anyway) Has anyone changed the colour of their car and if so what sort of price did it cost them?

Also how hard are the lower standard front bars to find if i got a car without one on it already.

Cheers:burnout:

i dont know about tassie but here in syd u wont get a change colour job for less than 5k

and i assume that u are talking about the m spec lower front bar cos there should be a few around the wreckers, might have a few scratches or not the right colour but there gonna cost u about $4-$500

Guest YZF-R1 Maniac

Yeah i was just checking to make sure it wasnt going to be anything stupid like $1200.

Cheers :burnout:

Guest YZF-R1 Maniac

memphis, I gotta buy a skyline 1st. :cheers: But if i get one without the bar ill PM you.

Cheers:burnout:

if the factory option bar (you refer to as M-spec) is up to 500 bucks, cant you get a GTR copy for 550? looks way better, but i suppose then its another 150 for indicators... But still, is better in the end if ur getting FMIC as the mouth on GTR bar is much better for intercooler airflow. (I say that but im running FMIC with the non-factory option, most restrictive front bar you can get :cheers:)

Yeah if you are going to do a full respray then I'd get a GTR copy bar. Personally I think you'd save more money by finding a car the right colour in the first place. Finding a coloured one with similar condition/mods than a white one may cost a little more but not $5k more. It's often less.