SAU Community

07 - 07 - 07 Daikoku + Random Pics

Poida

Evening folks..

Another rainy night here in Tokyo, so instead of studying for my 2 kyu Japanese test i thought i'd put up a few pictures from my weekend. As you may (or may not) know it was the 07-07-07. So this means two things, a) A luck day (Possibly?) or b) An RX-7 Meeting!!

Well, the latter is what i wanted to see but as the pictures may suggest it didn't really happen. At least not while we were there. See, according to my Option2 magazine there was supposed to be a RX-7 meeting down at Daikoku Futo. As some of you may know, Daikoku is the port area near Yokohama which is known for its Highway parking area. In years gone by it was quite the hang out for Japanese car fans. Whether or not its as big as it was in the past im not sure, but that night the police were there and half the car park was closed off. That didn't stop some from revving their engines and playing their Para Para at ear piercing volumes.

Anyway, as i had to work the next day early (Yes, thats 6 days a week now..) i had to leave around 1 am. Whether or not more 7's came during the night im not sure, but there were some of the pictures from the night.

Now i'm sorry they may not be that great, but these were shot on a camera i just got and it was my first outing with it! Next time i'll try and do better! And definitely bring a decent bloody sized tripod! The thing i brought was too small :O Anyway, enjoy the pics boys and girls!

Peter

First off, this S14.5 in Akihabara on the same afternoon..

777-1.jpg

Side on... It had a tubular front end and it was street legal?!

777-2.jpg

@ Daikoku - Laurel

777-3.jpg

Beautiful FD3s..

777-4.jpg

Forgot what this was, but it was slammed! and that exhaust..

777-5.jpg

Beautiful old schol skyline. Was owned by a U.S. Military guy hence the Y plate

It was absolutely IMMACULATE!

777-6.jpg

Another beautiful RX-3.. Nicely restored and another nice example!!

777-7.jpg

Another of the U.S. boys rides.. This time a 180+S15 front.

777-8.jpg

Old School Corolla!!

777-9.jpg

VIP Boys! This had more lights and flashy things than one could count in one night! Something i couldn't stop looking at...

777-10.jpg

Side on of the Old school skylines that were out!

777-11.jpg

Some of the 7's that came in and out whilst we were there..

777-12.jpg

A nice little FC3S!!

777-13.jpg

So, a little disappointing. Whether or not the meet ended up happening later im not sure, but it was nice to finally get around to going to Daikoku Futo. A big thanks to Ayumi for letting me taking his passenger seat in his BMW (of all cars to go to a 7 Meet :D) but it was fun!

Until next time, Enjoy!

Peter

Great pics Peter.

We missed out on going when I was there recently cos we went out for dinner with a Japanese friend and got drunk instead.

I even had a hire car and everything :nyaanyaa:

Oh well, next time.

That car you forgot...looks like an older Toyota Crown. Like an 89-91 ish model. I could be wrong though.

Daikoku 'forgotten tripod crew' reprezent!!!

Nice pics mate... where have I seen that S14 before :nyaanyaa:

What does the Y stand for on the number plate? Kind of a permit plate or something? Do they even exist?

The internet (not sure if you're connected or not) is bloody great for these types of questions: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ek20060221wh.html

Beautiful old schol skyline. Was owned by a U.S. Military guy hence the Y plate

It was absolutely IMMACULATE!

... so is reading peoples posts. :nyaanyaa:

nice photos too :whistling:

daikoku is a bit hit and miss. I've been there quite a few times now and sometimes it's awesome, sometimes it's not. :P and yes, you only forget your tripod once !

Long time reader, first time post. :dry:

Great pictures there, always like seeing pictures from all you guys that live in Japan or have been there. I hope to do the same one day.

By the way, what is a 2 kyu Japanese test? Is it like the Japanese proficiency test or something different?

Long time reader, first time post. :dry:

Great pictures there, always like seeing pictures from all you guys that live in Japan or have been there. I hope to do the same one day.

By the way, what is a 2 kyu Japanese test? Is it like the Japanese proficiency test or something different?

there are 4 grades in japanese proficiency.

starts at 4 and then gets progressively harder. Peter is going for the level 2 which will allow him to enter a Japanese company as an employee..provided he passes though.

level 2 is pretty hardcore. level one is of the scale hard. Ill be going for my level 3 in december.

Looks like i totally f**ked up..

http://mazdarotaryclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=406578

http://blog.gtroc.com/dino/

Probably should've read the article better maybe. It was in the afternoon :'(

But, shou ga nai.. I was at work... Oh well... Only another 1 year or so to the RX8 day...? (but that's no consolation is it.. crap.) *crys*

Hi Poida....yeah meeting was during the day. It started off at Carest in Makuhari and then everyone moved to Daikoku. Most of the die hard fans left towards the evening to drive in convoy down to Central Circuit to meet with the Kansai 7s while the others moved to the PA in the middle of the Aqua Line

Edited by DCD

Hi Poida....yeah meeting was during the day. It started off at Carest in Makuhari and then everyone moved to Daikoku. Most of the die hard fans left towards the evening to drive in convoy down to Central Circuit to meet with the Kansai 7s while the others moved to the PA in the middle of the Aqua Line

Dino-

Ame-san couldn't trailer-queen one of his Super GT 300 RX7's to the meet for everyone to enjoy? What gives!!?? :thumbsup:

PS- Nice pictures!

The internet (not sure if you're connected or not) is bloody great for these types of questions: http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ek20060221wh.html

Thanks for your help, Just entitles them to a lower registration fees.

... so is reading peoples posts. :blink:

nice photos too :domokun:

daikoku is a bit hit and miss. I've been there quite a few times now and sometimes it's awesome, sometimes it's not. :domokun: and yes, you only forget your tripod once !

Please read my post again, I asked "What does the Y stand for on the number plate", telling me that US military people have them doest tell me what the Y stands for. :nyaanyaa:

Edited by JiN_MaN