SAU Community

Tein Coilovers

thinking of getting some tein coilovers fitted into my r33. anyone had any problems with them or would suggest something else? the car is mostly street driven.. occasional 1/4 mile.

What do people think of the tein basic type coilovers. They are a model below the super streets

Also to answer the orignal question. Yes tein are good coilovers. Might be a little hard of aussie roads, but their products are really well built!!

I picked up a set of Type Flex Dampers off Yahoo Auctions for my R34 GTT and found them to be too stiff for our roads so went to Fulcrum and they sorted the spring rates out for me and car is now the best it has ever been.

cheers

Muz

I've got Tein HAs, yes they are stiff as but they really give you good handling when taking the corners. I feel every single bump on the roads here in Melbourne, not forgetting to mention the tram tracks!! Argh!!

The recommendation for Tein's is a spring rate of 4kg/mm. Personally I run Tein HRs but looking to replace them with the GReddy items because i like their setup where ride height doesn't change the stroke length.

Same here with me, im currently looking into replacing my TEINS with the GReddy shocks in my R32 GTS-t.

also instead of me starting a new topic on coilovers. what would u recommend greddy's or HKS hypermax II's? want something that will make the car heaps low. will be used for street and hills

cheers luke

The GReddy PERFORMANCE DAMPER Type-S is $1850.

Please see here for more information: http://www.trust-power.com/overseas/produc...nce_damper.html

We can supply the full range of Tein Products too.

Luke - Personally I would suggest the GReddy since you would like a very low ride height.