SAU Community

R32 Gtr - Just Removed Boost Restrictor

• 2 weeks later...

F@RK

i forgot to take the boost restrictor in to MRC with me

I felt very happy when i turned up to the workshop and he had a GTR on the dyno already and in the 10mins i was there another gtr and gts turned up

Anyway here are three dyno sheets and i'll try to remember what was happening with each.

The first has two lines the lower (i think he said he turned the solenoid off??? an attemp to simulate boost resterictor??) and the second was normal (as I drove in ie stock but no boost restrictor)

gallery_40156_1929_2001.jpg

the second sheet was with the new cam sprocket

gallery_40156_1929_13569.jpg

and third is after the tune

gallery_40156_1929_1597.jpg

the bloke was very heapful/chatty and I was very tired,

i'll show him this post to double check that i have the correct info

Hey guys sounds like fun, but were the f**k is it??? Can some one take a picture????

Hmmmm........

something about the blind leading the blind as i am not a heaps car-ie type of person but i found it easy to do

Could not be botherd waiting for light to take a good pic or make a pretty arrow but

this should give you the idea (excuse the flash lighting)

gallery_40156_1934_10565.jpg

Bellow i have taken a close up of the painted on yellow band on the hose (this marks the spot in the line where the restrictor should be)

If the yellow lines has worn off just squeeze the line with your fingers and you can feel if it is there

gallery_40156_1934_14828.jpg

Hmmmm........

something about the blind leading the blind as i am not a heaps car-ie type of person but i found it easy to do

Could not be botherd waiting for light to take a good pic or make a pretty arrow but

this should give you the idea (excuse the flash lighting)

gallery_40156_1934_10565.jpg

Bellow i have taken a close up of the painted on yellow band on the hose (this marks the spot in the line where the restrictor should be)

If the yellow lines has worn off just squeeze the line with your fingers and you can feel if it is there

gallery_40156_1934_14828.jpg

So after this do i get over 1bar of boost? i'm on 0.9 bar now.

• 2 months later...

hey guys i looked at doin this mod this morning and i could not find the restrictor at all and it looks like the hose has been replaced at some stage

but the kicker is that im stil only gettn 7psi i have both the stock guage and an aftermarket 1 they both seem to read the same any help would be great