SAU Community

Gran Turismo 3 Drifting

GFXman

if we're going to do a project car what car would it be? something fast with or something somewhat slow but with superb control like a sprinter trueno. i dont know what u guys would want to use but i was thinking something like a escudo, something that nobody would ever think about drifiting......i want to make the cars that people say are impossible to drift, driftable. i want to make this project car the best drift car that any one has ever seen or heard about. can u guys help me make this possible?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My drift car :

Silvia S15, fully tuned, settings being these (they might not be the correct settings for realtime drifting, but they work great in GT3)

Ridehight: slammed on all corners

Stabilizers: front: 5 rear: 3

leave the rest alone here

Gears and LSD (when purchasing the car and tuning it up, go with the 1 way lsd, or 2 way, do not go with fully cust.) (difference being: 1 way: LSD does its job only when accelerating. 1.5 way: LSD does its job when accelerating, and SOME while braking. 2 way: LSD does its job when accelerating and braking. but enough about that)

as said, get the 1 way LSD.

set the gear slider to 24.

TCS and ASM both to 0

Tyres: medium soft both front and back... add cool rims, and youre good to go :D

me and a friend of mine, are actually practicing tandem drifting atm, and getting quite good at it... hes trying to use the same car as i do, but hes no good with fr's so he chickens out in a whoos evo... and hes even the leading guy! *shakes head*

all of you, should get your friends over, and start tandem drifting, its freakin fun, and the replays just kick serious ass afterwards...

we spendt about 3 hours on special stage 5, and it didnt start to get boring... cant wait till gt4 - online comes out, so we can get more members, in one huge drift squad - SideWays :D

ok maybe not an escudo.....but i did give it a try and it seemed to do alright......i know that lap times with it arent as great as with grip racing because the escudo is for all out speed.....i tried apricot hill and got a lap time of about 1:31:250.....i know i could do better with grip racing but to just get that escudo to drift felt better then actually just racing with it....i dont know if that makes any sense but when u get it to drift like i did then it seems like its more fun then just taking it out and crushing the competion to little bits......so if you guys want to try it out then go for it......heres the specs i used....Suspension- SR:5/16.8, RH:75/75, SB:1/7, SR:1/7, CA:1.0/2.0, TA:-2/2, SB:3/3.....Brakes- BB:15/20....Gears- LIT:40/30, LA:20/40, LD:40/30, Final 3.000, Auto 36......leave the gears from 1st-6th the same because this car has so much torque you dont wanna send to much through each gear (i dont know if that makes any sense but i'm just saying dont change them)....Other- DF:0.45/0.95, ASM and TCS at 1, VCD:50%........ok these are the specs i used, when trying to drift with this car use EXTREAME cuation because this thing flies outta control really easy, and the reason i set the ASM and TCS to 1 is because u almost can not turn it when trying to drift and/or just turn to get the line correct....also i wouldnt do the whole tap the trottle thing.....just enter the corner at a good speed then turn into the corner the corner and slam on the handbrake like a crazy ass mofo......if u guys can get it to drift even better then i can let me know because i think that the escudo is probubly one of the hardest drift cars to make, and thats what makes it so much fun to tweak around with and see how it goes.

Originally posted by GFXman

Okay, I agree with Rezz - the 180sx (or 200SX Type X in AUstralian GT3) is by far the best and easiest car to drift in.

Here are the settings I use...

There you go GFXman, your on your way... I just wish I could post up my demo. Hell, I'm even cosidering mailing the memory card to one of you guys... who's up for encoding my drift?

Originally posted by Denzo

hey, whats up with 6000bhp skylines in gt3? what kinda cheat is that? and someone mentioned a RB26DETT 180sx?

Who did what now?

ok guys i found my perfect drift car.....believe it or not its the Panoz Esperante GTR-1......i know most of u guys think that i am insane or w/e but its the truth......i chucked this car at everything that i possibly could......i took it to run & setting and on every track except the dirt track i took first with it.....i even took it to the complex string and drifted EVERYTHING......i even beat my previous lap record by an amazing 44 seconds......i aint joking guys this car is somethin special.

plus i just got done copying GFXman's 240sx Type X specs down and i think that i will most definetly give that car a try, but before when i tried it i couldnt get that thing to drift for the life of me....but in this case i think i will give it a few more shots to see if its the drift car you guys say it is.

oh....you guys should try using the simulation tires. Get some light mods such as suspension, ECU, exhaust and drivetrain(2-way LSD)....great for some low speed drifting in cars like the S13s and 180SXs...no need for 500+HP machines.

my favourite is the AE86 'Shigeno' Trueno:D

Originally posted by AeroGrace

I always thought that 'PS' stands for powerstroke?

It does... in English. In Japan though, they use the German translation sometimes, for example: they don`t use "questionaire", they use the German "Enquete" instead...

But Pfedestarke litterally means "horsepower" (metric).

believe it or not guys my dream drift cars are the Pagani Zonda C12-S, and the Panoz Esperante GTR-1.....these cars rule at drifting......they're fast and damn good at sliding all over the track.....i would right more guys but i got to go catch my bus in 5 minutes.....so i will tell u more when i get home at about 4 o'clock.