SAU Community

Shell V Power Racing 100 Ron

I have been trying Shell V Power Racing in my GTR and GTS-T with very good results.

I have had a noticeable increase in mid-range power and torque that have made both cars more driveable and more responsive.

The best thing is the fuel consumption - 11 litres per 100 km in the GTS-T and 12.5 litres per 100 km in the GTR. This is amazing as the GTS-T normally is in the 13 to 15 bracket and the GTR has never got less than 15 before and often gets closer to 20 when you get a bit serious. This is a direct comparison for my daily commute to Sydney from Wollongong so it is a real comparison.

The other difference is that both cars seem to be louder in induction noise. They seem to be sucking in a lot more air to match the fuel to the point where I need to put some insulation in the air box for the pods to quieten them down a bit.

What experience have you had with Shell V Power Racing – is it as good as mine?

The only problem is the price $154.9 per litre - but if it goes this much better what the heck.

:laughing-smiley-014:

for some reason, i had the opposite effect, i get better mileage using bp ultimate than vpower. The one time i tried power racing, i got an amazing 270kms from 50 ltrs (ultimate is aorund 400kms from 50ltrs) - i have no idea why those figures...but it just didnt go well with the car.

Prior to trying V Power Racing I got the best results from BP Ultimate.

V Power is 98 RON and available everywhere, V Power Racing is 100 RON and only available a selected locations in capital cities. I do not think that normal V Power is as good as BP Ultimate.

Well i have been using it for about 4 weeks now and i think it runs really well, but in the last week my fuel pump is making a whistling noise on start up and when the car is cold. Not sure if the ethanol fuel is to blame.

I thought the Shell V Power Racing 100 Ron has 10% Ethonal? Isn't that bad for the injectors? I just use Shell V Power. Would it be better using the Shell V Power Racing?

Juan

i've been using bp ultimate for about 4 months - getting about 240kms per tank

switched to v-power racing last week - got almost 300km out of her.

BUT - on cold starts, I noticed yesterday that when i'm idling, i can hear the engine stuttering every few seconds. once the engine's warmed up, i couldn't hear it anymore. it didn't really drop in revs that much, and didn't stall. was quite disconcerting tho

it might but completely unrelated to the switch in fuel, but it's a big coincidence

i'll switch back to bp ultimate this week and see what happens

Experience with it - can never find the stuff. It's at barely any shells and some of the ones that have the pump for it are always out of service... Didn't seem to drive all that different to tell the truth. I should prob try a full tank though and see if it makes a difference to economy.

Hi guys, Newbie to the site, and Skylines, just picked up an R32 GTST..

I ran v-Power Racing in my last car and was looking for some information on how people found it in there skylines.

I have been searching for a bit more information on shell v-Power Racing 100RON fuel and came across this test performed by MoTeC.

For the bloke up there V-Power Racing is 5% ethanol..

The test was run on an EVO motor in varing state of modifications from bog stock to what I would call lightly modified (computer and Boost increase)

Showed that v-power racing had an increase in torque above all other petrols in all states of tune, and showed that the more you pushed the tune (increase in boost and ignition) the better the petrol performed.

you can see the indept test that i am rabbiting on about here:

http://www.motec.com.au/fueltest/index.htm

Seems like a great product from shell. I've used a couple of tanks now in the 32 and seems more responsive on the road and uses a bit less fuel too..

For all those that might be having trouble locating a site that stock the stuff.. check out here:

http://www.shell.com/home/page/au-en/shell...fuelfinder.html

Edited by HoBi