SAU Community

Manual Conversion On My 34

Muges180

Well ive decided that soon im going to be doing a manual conversion on my R34 and do away with the tiptronic. Im just wondering if anyone knows a bit about whats involved and what sort of price i should be looking at. Also where could i get it done.

I know that JDM recently had it done so if you could give me a bit of help it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Give all automotive import spares in QLD a ring they always have a couple of boxes hanging around. You will need the box, tailshaft, lines, lume, master cylinder etc etc. But they will sell it to you as a conversion kit. You are better off gettinga r34 one as the 33 box will fit but you have to get everything else made up such as tail shaft lume etc.

Take it to Steve at JAZMAC he did mine and has done all sort of conversions they guy is awsome. And he also knows your car i took it there when my girl was looking at buying it.

I can't remember the price but it was something between 3-4K all up with new clutch.

Deff take it to steve at JAZMAC though 83916200

i wouldnt have a clue what kind out box is in it!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i know it was gonna cost an extra $3000 but i made sure i got it included in the $20,000 that i paid all up. :P

i wouldnt have a clue what kind out box is in it!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i know it was gonna cost an extra $3000 but i made sure i got it included in the $20,000 that i paid all up. :P

I joke becasue i love. Your car is hot for sure!

Here you go champ

All automotive Import parts

ph: 07 37156474

Just ask for a R34 manual conversion kit, i'm sure they will have one, or if not they can get one very quickly. Lots of the QLD boy use this place they put me onto them.

Then to instal you can't go past

Steve at JAZMAC

ph: 83916200

Best of luck man, you will really tell the difference.

i am glad that my boyfriend persuaded me to get her converted to manual, i wasnt going to..........but im pretty glad i did :P

certaintly worth it.

only thing is still have the tiptronic steering wheel, and there is wiring that is bundled up underneath the car and behind the stereo head deck, but they changed the dash cluster which was nice of them

Edited by MissR34

i am glad that my boyfriend persuaded me to get her converted to manual, i wasnt going to..........but im pretty glad i did :P

certaintly worth it.

only thing is still have the tiptronic steering wheel, and there is wiring that is bundled up underneath the car and behind the stereo head deck, but they changed the dash cluster which was nice of them

I still have the steering wheel.

Only bad thing about changing the dash is you don't know how many kms it's done. Unless you knew before which you most prob did.

the first pics ive got got of the car it is still an auto tiptronic, but somehow they have managed to get the same km's on the new cluster. dont ask me how!!!!!!!

i didnt know how many km's where on the new cluster though

Edited by MissR34

cant blame you, mine had 52 xxx on it sitting over in japan, there must be some way of getting the odo the same as the auto one....maybe ask nissan perhaps???????????

i kno steve at JAZMAC, nice guy, tells you everything and no bullshitin around.

ive done a few manual conversions...never on a 34 but the same procedure applies.....whoever you get to do it...make sure they know about the AUTO SPIGOT BUSH needs to be replaced with the MANUAL SPIGOT BUSH. sometimes people forget this causing grinding noises, hard shifting and in some cases a f**ked input shaft. So they end up spending another day pullin the box out again.

cant blame you, mine had 52 xxx on it sitting over in japan, there must be some way of getting the odo the same as the auto one....maybe ask nissan perhaps???????????

they probably only changed the shell not the whole dash

all u need is a manual dash cover just get one from ebay and put it over ur existing auto dash

i bought a faulty manual dash for mine and changed the cover over no worries

or else make a brush metal plate to go over it like the gtrs do

BTW japanese motorsport just got an r34 turbo cut in lastweek? think it was manual not 100% sure

it had the factory option momo wheel on it so someone could use it instead of their auto one