SAU Community

Need Turbo

KrisG

I need a new turbo soonish and I dont want to go for the big guns, im looking at maybe a stock s2 r33 turbo or something brand new that is a direct replacement.. The most boost i will run is 14psi so what is some recomendations?

A s2 R33 turbo would almost suit your needs but running 14 psi all day every day may lead to premature failure. Getting close to the turbo's limit. I would suggest a Slide highflow for around $950 c/o or a GCG highflow for $2000. Both will have no problems at all & are direct replacement bolt-on items. Just depends what you want to spend...

Was the reason you need a new one because you were running 14psi on your last?

As wlspn said go for slide or GCG hi flow, but i guess it comes to what you can afford.

If you do get a stock turbo I and thousands of other people would suggest running 12psi max.

I have considered getting a slide highflow, however does this mean I will need injectors or a tune? Because I hear that if i put a highflow on Ill get a large amount of lag?

I have considered getting a slide highflow, however does this mean I will need injectors or a tune?

yes if you want to max out the turbo. no if you don't. run it at 8-10psi and you might get away with stock ecu / injectors etc. check af's by a dyno run

Because I hear that if i put a highflow on Ill get a large amount of lag?

you will have more lag than normal but not excessive. i'm sure you can find out when you ppl hit fullboost with a gcg highflow on these forums.

this is what it comes down to imo;

option 1: get another rb25 turbo and limit boost to 10-12psi. all is well $250 ~170rwkw

option 2: get a high flow, injectors, fuel pump, ecu (afm perhaps), clutch maybe and tune. $4000-$5000+ ~260rwkw

option 3: high flow, low boost, stock ecu, stock fueling, and see how long clutch lasts, $2000+ ~210rwkw???

do you have the cash?

Edited by InterCooL