SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Not mine, but it's another rally Skyline from NZ. He's got a sweet FJ20 in it and bet me at the hillclimb where this was taken. I'm currently in the process of building more hp from the 'lil N/A, gotta beat him!

20070715img9919oa8.jpg

Pathetic photo, but I'm always in it so no pics on the track.

Here's my crapper, more skyline than 180 now. Good fun, street and the odd sprint day. Would like to get down to NSW and Vic to try some tracks other than QR.

Want to get into the 57 bracket on semi slicks sprint track @ QR

post-3168-1186742969_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simonster

ooer thats pretty too.

what are the hillcimb runs over there? length? all gravel?

Hillclimbs vary. Most are tarmac these days but there are still a few gravel ones around. This one was about 3km long, but you do get longer. Also, there are plenty of sprints which can be flat/uphill/down, and vary in length up to about 10-15km.

Great thread!!! Some awesome cars that's for sure!!!

I wish I had a race car.... :mellow:

:(

As if yours isn't a race car!!

Just because it looks "awesome" and is "occasionally" driven on the street, doesn't mean it is not one of VIC's fastest track Skylines.

c'mon post a few pics, or vids: You deserve to, and i know you want to!!!

Couple of pics of my car when I bought it and now.

100_1897.jpg

100_3113.jpg

Any more details on the car, have seen some other pics when floating around R31 forum....looks great. I have now seen your rear spoiler on your car and an old red feature car in Zoom, arounf 96 or so. Do you know where they can be sourced ?

:)

As if yours isn't a race car!!

Just because it looks "awesome" and is "occasionally" driven on the street, doesn't mean it is not one of VIC's fastest track Skylines.

c'mon post a few pics, or vids: You deserve to, and i know you want to!!!

Well I wouldn't call it a race car coz its still got full trim, no cage and no weight stripped out of it..

Compared to other cars shown in this thread its just another ordinary R33GTR..

And for your information it gets driven every weekend..

OK the here's some pics..

gallery_1569_106_24645.jpg

gallery_1569_106_29448.jpg

And here's a vid at Phillip island earlier this year: http://sau.ferni.net/Jacksvids/PI_31_03_07a2.wmv (34mb)

Sorry Jack honestly no offense intended. Good to here that it still gets weekend duties :mellow: .

But this is what makes your car sooo awesome. Full trim, no cage, no weight reduction, weekend driven, yet still one of VICs fastest track cars; nothing ordinary about that buddy. What more can you ask for?

You know how much i love your car Jack, and the endless questions i ask every time is see ya :)

PS: i will need your services in the next few weeks, to transport my car from EAS to my mates house. Getting the engine bay painted while Vic assembles the rb30det. Will keep in touch.

Sorry Jack honestly no offense intended. Good to here that it still gets weekend duties :rofl: .

But this is what makes your car sooo awesome. Full trim, no cage, no weight reduction, weekend driven, yet still one of VICs fastest track cars; nothing ordinary about that buddy. What more can you ask for?

You know how much i love your car Jack, and the endless questions i ask every time is see ya :)

PS: i will need your services in the next few weeks, to transport my car from EAS to my mates house. Getting the engine bay painted while Vic assembles the rb30det. Will keep in touch.

Its all good Al, no harm taken, I wanted a nice street car that I could take to the track and do well, rather than build a race car and look at it in the garage when I'm not on the track.... :mellow:

Give me a buzz when your raedy to move your car...

Well I wouldn't call it a race car coz its still got full trim, no cage and no weight stripped out of it..

Compared to other cars shown in this thread its just another ordinary R33GTR..

And for your information it gets driven every weekend..

OK the here's some pics..

gallery_1569_106_24645.jpg

gallery_1569_106_29448.jpg

And here's a vid at Phillip island earlier this year: http://sau.ferni.net/Jacksvids/PI_31_03_07a2.wmv (34mb)

The car has a few little gay mods to go and it would be my dream GTR, (lol i would have chosen Racetech, Alcon, painted bonnet etc etc...) At least its good to see someone driving my dream GTR.

Carbon rear spoiler blade, carbon mirrors and carbon front and rear diffuser....and mission complete :)

Roy,

Yellow R31 has a rb30/25, r33 gearbox with r33 gtr rear subframe/suspension. S14 front suspension with Harrop front brakes and standard rear calipers. Have only done three race meetings so far, have a list of things to do improve/change things. The car you may of seen on the 31 forums is not this car, but one that looks very similar. Both cars were built about the same time. Mine is in Tas the other I believe is in Vic. The spoiler came on the damaged car that I bought, so sorry cant help with sourcing another one.

nice, I know Chris fitted the 33 rear end to his 31 as well and it was a prick of a job, including fabricating subframe mounts - I assume you needed to go trhough all the same pain? or was it already done.

Are you racing it in the targa class down there?

Yes racing it in Targa class, The only work I had done was to get the rear rail stretched by the panel shop, I had a go at the bodywork/paint (looks good at a distance) engine build / rear end etc. Total cost so far is about $15k. Because of the wider track the wheels I found to fit I believe were to suit AU falcon.

Yes racing it in Targa class, The only work I had done was to get the rear rail stretched by the panel shop, I had a go at the bodywork/paint (looks good at a distance) engine build / rear end etc. Total cost so far is about $15k. Because of the wider track the wheels I found to fit I believe were to suit AU falcon.

I think Kelvin forgot to mention it goes like a jet too!