SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

yes, big aussie flag or bust. hmm, or maybe a boxing kangaroo... that could be a winner.

Fkn newbies.

Proper Orstraylean cars are racing green with a gold stripe down the middle.

Just like German cars are silver, British cars are British Racing Green, French cars are blue, Italian cars are red. I am quite certain it has always been this way & always will. Otherwise how do you know where they come from?

:rofl:

That's all I have.

post-5134-1187319259_thumb.jpg

Edited by djr81

i can third the big flag too....aussie pride and spirit.

if - i mean WHEN - you come back to QR you should do it too! :ermm:

we should all do it!

ps did any of you see the pics from the "save lakeside" thing? anyone see the painted BMW lolz

ill find a pic and post it up

Just saw that Giant will be taking his R32 to race in the Rev Zone Time Attack at Tsukuba in dec

Big congrats

Brad

that will be interesting - here's a bit of a comparison to start the speculation:

Tsukuba is 2070m 8 corners, including 3 hairpins.

QR Clubman is 2110m 6 corners in total including 2 hairpins. Giant's best is 58.08.

Tsukuba looks alot more technical than QR Clubman (judging by my vast Gran Turismo 3 / PS2 experience!). So all the best to the Queenslanders! Will be an awesome experience for them! Hopefully we'll be able to see it on a DVD!

hi gents!

thanks for the support with Japan! i hope all goes well , BTW Mark will be driving over there ( i will be having a run but he will be doing the time attack)

also i will try and keep you upto date with whats happening down the track, we have purchased an r34 gtr to be setup for time attack for next year(for Japan) and hoperfully give it a real push!!

it will be an awsome machine(should be hear in about 8 weeks) it will completely stripped, full cage, carbon panels & dash, holinger, huge brakes (v8 super car spec), & light weight and minimum 850 horsepower! engine will be gt block full dry sump, low mount turbos, full counter weight crank (2.6) spinning to 9000.

fineline ,

i hope we get it out to qr soon for a test ( a lot to do though!! )

"I hope we get to see a couple of shakedown runs before it heads over. Go the Aussies! "

My intention is to get an Australian flag on the car , are you guys keen on the aussie flag on the roof?? ;)

I'll give ya a quick run down on latest details for our gtr r32 going over in six weeks or so, ( also dont want to get into any timing arguments but that clubman circuit time was set along time ago and the car has come along considerably since then)

we are using wakefield as the test track as we know it pretty well and are hoping to around 1.02 on semi's , mark has done 1.04:1 here so we will see

the car is getting a full cage at the moment and should be finished tomorrow (anyone want to by at bolt in cage that came out of it? andra approved)

painted next week

4 stage dry sump is in and ready for testing

new rims 10.5 inch te37's and 285 rubber! :D:thumbsup: soft and mediums ( we always have run hards in the past because thats all the lasts on duttons)

swedish ohlins suspension (to replace absolutely standard aussie spec tiens)

we have lightened the car by over 100kg!!! but cage will add 30kg final weight should be about 1350 kg

carbon doors , passenger seat gone, roof and rear interior trim gone, all seat belts gone , all uneeded wiring gone,

holinger transmission with flatshift ( this is not guaranteed yet)

trust diff covers

hypertune 6 throttle body inlet manifold

once the car has had an intial test with the new dry sump setup, to ensure all is okay the new engine will be fitted

gt block

tomei full counter crank and rods

mahle pistons

with an 8800 to 9000 rpm limit!!

all this has to be done in the next six weeks !

anyway i hope some of that is interesting and i hope we can go over there and get amongst it, i am sure it will be fantastic fun and hopefully can get a decent result( i would like to hope for a top 10 result and anything under a 57/58 second lap hehe)

cheers russ

btw went to Japan 4 weeks ago for the first time!! loved it, and was lucky enough to go through the tomei powered business which was fantastic! plenty of derive and genisis engines very very nice !

Edited by giant

giant, nice to hear about your buildup. It will be a challenger im sure. :D

when are you heading over to tsukuba? Im stationed in tokyo and will be taking time off to come on down and support you guys. BTW, the flag on the roof would look great, definitely a standout and ofcourse one of the colloquial highlights for the locals to remember you by!

Aussie flag on the roof for sure Russ. Please keep us informed if you get the chance to get to qr, I live 5 minutes from the track and wouldnt miss the chance to see the beefed up version of the 32 doing some hot laps. Good luck with it guys. :D;)

Hey Russ sounds good mate I have finally got may cage done just have to mess around with the brackets to mount my seat and harness should get all my engine bits back from the machine shop next week and will then start putting it together.My dry sump set up is also just about ready as well so we will put one on Mattys car for testing first then is all go ill post some pics up of the build as it comes along soon.I was talking to Ian the other day and he is going to let me know the dates for japan to make sure we all get the same flights and so on will have to catch up with Mark and yourself soon mate.

Hey Russ sounds good mate I have finally got may cage done just have to mess around with the brackets to mount my seat and harness should get all my engine bits back from the machine shop next week and will then start putting it together.My dry sump set up is also just about ready as well so we will put one on Mattys car for testing first then is all go ill post some pics up of the build as it comes along soon.I was talking to Ian the other day and he is going to let me know the dates for japan to make sure we all get the same flights and so on will have to catch up with Mark and yourself soon mate.

hey mate

sound like your pretty close too!!

i reckon thats i good idea sticking the dry sump on his car first to make sure it works!!! hehe :laughing-smiley-014:

i will let ya know for sure, it will be blast!! thanks for your help too!

cheers russ seeya soon