SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

I have offen seen this thread and thought I'll have a look later... Later is 1 of those things that can take a while to get around to. Anyhow Im gald to see somany others are having a crack on track with thier Skylines of all vintages.

This is my little R33 gtst that Im slowly getting up to speed to have a go at the 2A sportscar class, over 3L. It is logbooked but we are still early in developing it. Last year we took to a few street sprints where it won its class fairly easily in a street registed class, 4-5L regoed vehicles. At a little track in Stanthorpe we got a surprise when it came in 3rd outright behind a formula libra and a turbo westfield on slicks. there was a lot of very worthy vehicles there including Don Vidlers insane 1300 mini sportsedan/hilclimb special. A link to some laps that day at carnell racway http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=FQW0OcoaEq4

engine.jpg

interior.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IM000937.jpg

not as a Marq sports unfortunately but 2A is not a problem. I have a lot of fun hasseling GT3's at my local track, Morgan Park. I'm Hoping to use this car as a test bed for engine and powerplant to build a Sportsedan R33 in a couple of yaers.

Hi guy's

I was just havn a look through the Hills dyno day and other threads

Unfortunatly I couldn't make the dyno day as I was in Tassie competeing that weekend. ahwell

But I thought I would post a few pics up of my mild mannered racing machine while I'm here. plus I wouldn't mind showing old mate Duncan what my old hack looks like before the new paint and sponsors logos go on

BTW it does have a skyline engine in it lol

Brian

Pics from Symons plains Tassie

20080302_DA_R1_NQ4T1750.jpg

20080302_DA_R1_NQ4T1725.jpg

20080302_DA_R1_NQ4T1721.jpg

20080302_DA_R1_NQ4T1660.jpg

haha thanks Tomm0...must have been ages ago it was my first motor rofl.

Brian - I hadn't seen yours before - skyline motor in an s12 is a top idea. How easy did it go it in? I take it that its got the independant rear?

Brian - I hadn't seen yours before - skyline motor in an s12 is a top idea. How easy did it go it in? I take it that its got the independant rear?

Hehehe Duncan

You have to think out side the squre when it comes to Skyline's

You know I build some insane RB series engines at Hills

But my FJ20et donk was originally from a good old DR30 Skyline.

They go in really easy as S12's come with FJ's aswell.

I know of a few guys running RB26's in S12's but the cars balance is all messed up

I don't have IRS in this car as S12 IRS is about as retarted as the old 1600 set up and get's no drive off the 2" of the tread it lays down

I run a 4 link live axle has rose jointed chrome molly trailing arms so I can dial in grip by changing the pinion angle I have also made custom towers in the rear to accept the S13 HSD's

Funny is I only coverted to disc brake rear 2 days ago as my hydro handbrake burst the wheel cylinders during the top 16 battle in Tassie, I still got through to the top 8 battle but couldn't really do much with a brake clamp on the rear line, But hey I still had a go...

Edited by pistonfreak

lol, nice track position steve. :no: I don't know if I'd admit to that. looks like you are pulling over for a tea break!

Nah Steve-o's pulling up to practice his starts. Notice he's just about on Pole.

Neil.

lol, nice track position steve. :P I don't know if I'd admit to that. looks like you are pulling over for a tea break!
Nah Steve-o's pulling up to practice his starts. Notice he's just about on Pole.

Neil.

:P