SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

I'm throwing a new fuel sustem in my tamed monster, I call her Gentle. I called her GEN originaly because the plates began GEN, but as I began to drift it, it was clear gentle aplication of throttle, stearing, brake or any combination of these was needed or you would be punnished....... badly.

At any rate, many years down the track, the engine has been freshened, ported, camed, ballnced and so on as is normal with all performance type builds. Something that many forget about is the fuel system........ so I have gone TOTALY OVERBOARD. After talking to my Head man and the Cam man, with the right suporting systems this engine should be capable of 800 BHP @ 2Bar, on paper. Even thou I only ever plan to run 1.5 Bar, this should do the trick!!!!!

Carter lift pump

Sturdy Surge swirl pot

2 x 040 bosch pumps

top feed 550 inj, ex GTR

fuel rail fed from both ends with a single return

Slightly modified intake manifold

70 psi fuel pressure

We were playing with it on the Dyno this arvo getting it sorted for next weekends Gatton sprints. Only pushing low boost for the moment at just under 10 psi. Trying to get low boost driveability for the tighter sections. 280ish rwhp @ around 4000 rpm at said boost. Tomorrow should be fun tuning at higher boost and revs.

Edited by Noddy

only got to play for a short time thismorning on the dyno, so we focused on getting the best out of it at 9.5 psi and came up just shy of 300 rwhp. ther is always next time.

That is kind of good to know.

But how many motorsport ppl tell thier secrets. Its pretty simple realy.

Disappointing... Where would you be mate if no-one helped you out?

I really don't understand this sort of thing in club level sport.

Anyone would think you've invented something special that nobody else has ever thought of...

Disappointing... Where would you be mate if no-one helped you out?

I really don't understand this sort of thing in club level sport.

Anyone would think you've invented something special that nobody else has ever thought of...

Agreed

All well and good in a professional championship (with prize money, sponsorship, etc at risk) to keep a tight lip, but for club level track events that's just being silly.

I have cusco upper control arms (front and rear) and plan to run 3.5deg(f) and 1.5® once i start doing a few track days, in the near future.

Found this self wheel alignment measuring tool on Import Monster: LINK HERE

It will cost about $230 landed.

Can anyone tell me if it is any good; if it is good value; if i can get something similar from here and if there is an English software version?

Thanks

Noddy,

kinda off topic.....but Im VERY keen to know how you get so much camber @ the fronts!!!

+1

im running -2.5 atm, with nismo upper arms, trying to source some nismo lower link, as from what i have heard it will be me about -0.5 to -1 degrees of camber (extra)

Edited by [Michael]

Hey guys..

This is my 93 32 GTR on it's first track outing, not much done to it. Pods, 3.5 cat back, Power fc and Boost tap pushing 240 on 1 bar, oh and slotted rotors.

One valuable lesson I learnt was don't use shitty tires on the rears, attesa saved my ass on numerous occasions :cool: Took it out just to test the waters and see how I like it. Was great fun.

Mods planned hopefully done by august=

-toyo's

-oil cooler/ relocator and tank

-fuel pump (044 probably)

-Denso 800cc injectors (got them already)

-z32 air flow meters (got these also)

-braided lines and new fluids

-low mount twin set-up (really not sure yet 2530 or the equavalent garret's perhaps)

-dumps + front pipe

-electronic boost controller

-100k service (nearly on 90k)

img2274wg6.jpg

img2564mj9.jpg

Edited by Tomek

Cheers guys,

yeah was just a simple question!

but cheers anyway guys :)

Anyhoo,

my first little incident on the track. Clipped a ripple strip at OP after a spin and the ripple strip pushed the bar up and out! not much damage, just ripped 2 bolts in the support, other than she's fine!

Oh, I got 3rd fastest on the day too which was fun!!

post-24539-1206320033_thumb.jpg

what is the track tomek? looks very tight....

You would be right mate..

It's not really a track, it's a go kart track up here in Townsville :)

Using 2nd all the way through it, with one change into third down the straight. Tight and windy corner's and a chicane. Still quite tricky in some bits for myself, need to get it down pat since im moving back down to Sydney in the next few years :(

This vid should show it better..

Edited by Tomek

ahh very interesting. we were looking into hring a kart track years ago for drift practice before the full circuits started allowing it. but they just all looked too tight, even for beginners. good to see they let cars out on it.

is this what the lower arm looks like?

tomo253532-img600x450-1205500558dsc01947.jpg

Yes, they are lca's. The Nismo ones are usualy longer than the stock items. I cut my stock arms up and put a rose joint in to replace the bush and to make them adjustable.

Here's my old girl.

couple of incar vids hereJBR

power 202kws at 16.5psi

mods

oil cooler,fmic, inlarged rb20 turbo, 040 fuel pump, jjr coil packs, 3'' ex, chipped ecu, rear adj camber, lowered springs, shorter front upper conrtrol arms and that about it i think.

Ive had three 3rd placings (for the rounds) and my last race meeting was the most successfull in terms of placings, Q 2nd, Heat 1 4th, H2 2nd, H3 1st and the Final 4th and unfortanly ended up with one brand new turbo ruined.

Im still getting used to saying 1st!!!!! i like it.

post-26265-1206358235_thumb.jpg

post-26265-1206358816_thumb.jpg