SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

our car runs standard ride height!!

but need some stiffer bars and springs, squatting so much in the rear and rolling around too much , then i would like to lower it some.

post-17546-1207918163_thumb.jpg

hey phunky, yeah just saw the ignition dvd tonight, turned out good! and yeah you would love it there , certainly gets the blood pumping!!

hopefully we will try to get back there at the end of the year with the r34, all going okay

pauls twoogle , is one beautiful looking r32 too ! it's a credit to him.

ross, yeah, the oil to water oil coolers are great, we are seeing much lower engine oil temps now! before we were seeing up to 130 degree's!

cheers russ

I was going to bite... but.... what the hell. How could I ever compete with something like your R33 Michael. I can only dream of having the same budget, Power and Grip you do. So laugh away, Laugh at my skyline that can only have realy bad suspension geometry because it is so low. Or maybe I've read widely, spent hours making and developing my own parts to overcome the rollcentre issues and other normaly untuneable aspects of an R33.

So yeh, it is a drift thing that forces the guys at the pointy end of drift to research, make and test stuff to get thier cars to do what they want them to do. Because after all, what happens when drifters get over drift and start to explore other avenues of motorsport???? They get laughed at by knobs who think drifters are just silly kids with way too low cars.

i like drift, !

and our next car will be on the deck, none of the cars i saw in japan (other than ours) was more than about 2/3 inches off the deck.!! awsome

like you say just need to do home owrk on geometry an so fourth.

our next car will be on the deck, none of the cars i saw in japan (other than ours) was more than about 2/3 inches off the deck.!! awsome

like you say just need to do home owrk on geometry an so fourth.

Most of them don't know/care about suspension geometry, they just stick rediculous spring/shock rates in them and there is no movement, so geometry is irrelevant. Then they have to stick new super soft tyres on for every run in an attempt to mask the suspension issues.

You kicked most of their asses last year with a comparatively miniscule budget, almost zero practise and infamiliarity with the event and the circuit. Don't fall into the copy cat trap, take the technically superior high ground.

Cheers

Gary

Most of them don't know/care about suspension geometry, they just stick rediculous spring/shock rates in them and there is no movement, so geometry is irrelevant. Then they have to stick new super soft tyres on for every run in an attempt to mask the suspension issues.

You kicked most of their asses last year with a comparatively miniscule budget, almost zero practise and infamiliarity with the event and the circuit. Don't fall into the copy cat trap, take the technically superior high ground.

Cheers

Gary

gary you are absolutely spot on with those comments, it was the first thing we noticed with there set ups.

So yeh, it is a drift thing that forces the guys at the pointy end of drift to research, make and test stuff to get thier cars to do what they want them to do. Because after all, what happens when drifters get over drift and start to explore other avenues of motorsport???? They get laughed at by knobs who think drifters are just silly kids with way too low cars.
Yes! And if it wasn't for silly kids with low cars we wouldn't have parts like this.

photo.jpg

gtr_r_c.jpg

I mean really all they are doing is playing make-believe-GT-racer so they want their car to look like GT500 cars.

And tyres are cheap in Japan anyway, so slap in some steel rods, slam it on the ground and slip on some super softs! :(

Oh and if you get a chance run my signature (which i have had for ages) through Google Translate :D

車高の低さは知能の低さ!!!

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=ja|en

And below is my racing machine... it is slow, but fun

post-662-1207971861_thumb.jpg

Edited by Laurence

Not since I lost my licence for street drifting unfortunately... >_<

My old car had high rollcentres which is actually quite dangerous, I reckon if the roll centre is under the ground then the car can't roll above the ground! :/

post-662-1208003163_thumb.jpg

post-662-1208003174_thumb.jpg

Edited by Laurence