SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

My old car had high rollcentres which is actually quite dangerous, I reckon if the roll centre is under the ground then the car can't roll above the ground! :)

As you found out, that isn't true. High CoG and low CoR = fall over (technically called excessive roll couple).

Cheers

Gary

As you found out, that isn't true. High CoG and low CoR = fall over (technically called excessive roll couple).
Way to ruin my stupid joke with facts and reason and logic!!! :wub:

To be honest I think the main problem was too much Peugeot.

pauls twoogle , is one beautiful looking r32 too ! it's a credit to him.

ross, yeah, the oil to water oil coolers are great, we are seeing much lower engine oil temps now! before we were seeing up to 130 degree's!

cheers russ

+1 for twoogle. Looking good on the DVD too Russ again well done.

Also thanks for the info i think ill get one as it can get hot here in wa.

lol. you crazy kid.

laurence.... world famous gaijin drifter and amatuer stunt driver extrordinaire

+1 again. :D Laurence hope your trip home was good.

Ross

ross, yeah, the oil to water oil coolers are great, we are seeing much lower engine oil temps now! before we were seeing up to 130 degree's!

so better then an oil to air oil cooler?

love it. is it a genuine gts-r?

Yeah, it's a genuine GTS-R. Doesn't have original engine, RB25DET now. Had it tuned in Melb a couple of weeks ago, making good power and very beasty. I love it ;)

Looks the goods Wogboy. Wouldnt happen to be Fatz old car would it?

Nah, I'm the second owner. Guy that had it before me got it from Japan, it's always been in Tas.

i have ordered one of these Maple A-1 Gages, should arrive in a few weeks. will keep everyone updated once i get some camber & castor bushes in.

anyone know the equations required to calculate castor?

Hey mate, how did you go with this kit if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers

Dane

I finally went past a newsagency and got my hands on a copy of HPI with the ignition DVD...

Hioctane GTR OMG!

the incar footage of that thing is something else!

The full lap of incar is incredible.

great work guys, it will be damn interesting to see how things will pan out with a few hundred less kilo's in the car.... or another car for that matter.

and perhaps some super sticky rubber, similar terminal speed to the Msports GTR says it all.

i can't get over that.... :blink:

Hey mate, how did you go with this kit if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers

Dane

in my final year of uni so i've only had fiddle with it - but not on track just yet.

i've spoken to sydneykid and managed to work out a few formulas to calculate the necessary alignments. the thing is there's nothing to compare it to - cant even go in to get a laser alignment to confirm the settings.

so far so good, from the minimal amount of play i've had i have no doubts that i've got the exact settings it tells me i have.