SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

SPEED was a great publication - was let down by GTR's wearing Falcon paint though!

As Targa Tasmania is a great event - though mine was soured by an unviewable in car camera!

*** this is purely for humour, Stu's cameras really are excellent **cough** :D

why anyone tracking there R32GTSt would want to ditch there RB20 is beyond me... for the price of a rebuild on a 25 you could buy 10 x RB20's and have them sitting in the shed as spares... blow one, just grab another... yes, I'm jealous

well I'm posting in this thread may as well put up a pic of the crapbox... currently sitting in the garage with a blown turbo... HKS 2835 is in the mail :D

gotta use all the road on those corner exits... :D

post-7369-1213155551_thumb.jpg

post-7369-1213155689_thumb.jpg

As Targa Tasmania is a great event - though mine was soured by an unviewable in car camera!

*** this is purely for humour, Stu's cameras really are excellent **cough** :)

You have PM mate.

That 34 sold yet?

Thought I might chime into this thread:

Here's my "Race Gazelle" that's bean in the workshop for 9 months (story of my life)

Stock as I bought it:

S12.jpg

Throw away this bit:

6.jpg

Put in this bit instead:

2.jpg

8.jpg

And you get this:

PICT0602.jpg

PICT0605.jpg

Add some skyline 4 piston brakes to the front:

PICT0603.jpg

And some R31 Skyline discs to the read to replace the drums:

PICT0610.jpg

Whack on a big front mount intercooler:

PICT0606.jpg

Loose the open wheel diff and replace with a detroit locker:

PICT0614.jpg

S13 Coilover conversion at the front:

PICT0620.jpg

Gauge me up baby - with all that you need including Wideband O2 connected to the Haltech:

PICT0623.jpg

And you are on the way to building a Race Gazelle

What you can't see is the :

Haltech E6X

One piece tailshaft

R33 Gearbox

8kg custom springs, lowered at the rear

Monroe Gas shockers (from an HG holden) at rear

S13 Custom Strut brace

Falken Semislicks on the front

D01J Dunlops on the rear

3.5" exhaust with metal cat

Should be a good little car when it's finished :)

Roy: Cheers for the reply, i have seen those graphs of yours before and they food for thought for sure. You pretty much got me with the name change, im putting together a fairly basic 26/30det looking for about 270-300 rwkw. I know i need to upgrade a few things on my car to take full advantage of the motor but i have a fair amount of bases already covered. That said i still plan to do a few more track days with the rb20 because after all these years its deserves it :)

Funky: cheers mate, and fwiw i bought every copy of speed lol.

Zennon: your smoking me oh wait, i just realised i didnt do the sprint track i did the clubman. What times do u have there?

Zennon: your smoking me oh wait, i just realised i didnt do the sprint track i did the clubman. What times do u have there?

you said you did the sprint track earlier? what track were your posted times for then?

zennon is pretty quick :)

haha suspected that was the case :banana:

ive only ever run the sprint - its all i know! :banana:

my gtr was in the last issue too (before it was caged etc)... clearly they saved the best till last!

the photoshoot was such a pain though, the turbos were rooted on my car at the time and it wasn't boosting... i gave it to a mate to drive and i drove my mates 33 in the article.

post-5400-1213229489_thumb.jpg

Edited by t01-100

Haha clearly! They had to go out with a bang :banana:

Looks like we both had bad luck Stu... they hired Calder out for half a day for me for some slide shots. Third gear gave up after about 4 passes, had to get it towed, get a new box in it, then back out for another shoot the next day... yowzas!

yeah thats the issue, mine was part of the black 32/33/34 story.

was a bit of a last minute thing and my car was meant to be at the bodyworks to fix a flaking front bumper as well as the new N1's that needed to be fitted... we just used school book covering contact to hide the missing paint!

the 33 and 34 in the article were both owned by a mate of mine and he wasn't even in the country at the time!

More RB20s out there the better. Though i read Gts30t is going to the darkside, if nothing else the user name change hints at something fishy. So think you shoudl stick with the RB20, your car will be much quicker with the money spent elsewhere on the car!

I post this a lot, but is pretty good indicator of how the RB20 can do the job better then anyone credits:

gallery_462_50_14883.jpg

Comparison is both against RB25 NEO engines, both with GCG Hi-Flows, Bass Junky with same tuner and dyno and Poncams. Now tell me that the RB20 with the right diff ratio and turbo cant match bigger displacement RBs to the point where they are a huge hindrance.

LOL, stick with the RB20! Sooner or later you will ditch it, but shouldnt be on the must do list unitl lots of other things have been done :whistling:

Hey Brisby,

Do you have the same graph using rpm on the x-axis instead of speed?

Guess who's joined "club race car" as of today.

Brisby's gonna love me :D

http://www.my105.com.au/private_images/830...792803937_m.jpg

LOL. you wucken LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P:D:(

I have been watching that for ages wondering when it was going to sell. I kept looking at it thinking cheap motorsport and a car that allows you to run in so many forms of motorsport with cheap parts and consumables :)

Again, congrats. Now i wonder how long until you crack it at the lil RB20 :)