SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

I'll show you in 3wks :banana:

Oh,,,I see,,,so we all have to wait,,,I'm quessing something light and small,,,something new,,,something using fibreglass,,,something not street legal.

Sorry but you can't use that engine to power you down conrod NAKED buddy.

Neil.

Getting there... bit by bit. Modified HKS manifold, came out really well.

Nice work man. The stock HKS welds on those manifolds are horrible. Every one I have come across has cracked in no time.

What turbo is that? What flange did you convert the manifold to?

Edited by Equinox

Thanks mate. Mine was majorly cracked from hitting the screamer pipe on the ground, so had a massive hole in it. It had already been repaired in other spots though, so I'd ay you're spot on with the welds.

The turbo is a HKS T300, so the flange hasn't been converted. It was all part of a kit, I just had the manifold repaired, and the wastegate location braced and moved from the bottom to where it is now.

I've attached a pic of what it looked like when I bought it.

post-8405-1220916516_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it looks to be the weakest link in the chain for sure. I want to run with it, see how it goes and if I'm not happy I'll be moving to a 3071 or 3037. I've got it here so I'd like to see what it can do.

It was previously running 241rwkw's on a stock engine, including stock cams. If it can do 270-280rwkw's with a nice fat spread of torque I'll be happy for the time being.

Alright, Roy wants some pics of where his wheels are doing duty now.... I didn't know of a better place to put them guys sorry!

This is my 32 gts-t in progress for tarmac rallies. They have recently become elligible for the late classic classification competition, and I'm hoping to be able to take the fight up to the RS Porsches and RX7's.

I purchased the car from Melbourne, it was imported under the 15 year rule, and set up for the previous owner by Jimmy Richards. It's pretty basic, really just cage and associated safety gear, suspension, 32 GTR brakes and exhaust.

I've since added a power fc, boost control, new exhaust and a few other bits and pieces. I have a bunch of other stuff to go on, from HICAS remval kit to GTR wing because apparently it's a measurable improvement. We're not allowed to go crazy with mods, but having a strong car that looks after its tyres and can be flogged mercilessly for 6 days is the aim. Hopefully this car gets to that level :)

33GTR brakes and 2-piece rotors, Ferodo 3000 pads all round. I like plenty of brakes :rofl: Note Roy's wheels all grubby n sh*t just to annoy him.

DSCF3868.jpg

As it looks now;

DSCF3799.jpg

Other side;

DSCF3834.jpg

Inside;

DSCF3871.jpg

Inside again;

DSCF3872.jpg

New 3' system (rules now allow free exhaust after turbo, did have a nice 2 1/2" system on it in stainless if anyone needs one?;

DSCF3869.jpg

Nothin crazy in here, although I was really pleased with the improvemnt after adding the tower shock;

DSCF3873.jpg

Lakeside;

Image00014.jpg

With my friends beautiful XT GT Group Nc car;

Image00020.jpg

I really enjoy my racing;

Image00016.jpg

They are your wheels now! :) The white looks great on the black! If it ever comes down south again we will have to swap seats. I have heaps of new gear to go on my car, which i hope mean i can abuse it at the track reliably for 6 hours, lol forget about 6 days :rofl: You will probably love the power of mine compared to yours, but no doubt yours would win out package wise