SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

Mmm, ive just had a look around google, cant seem to find a place in sydney that does it

Ill keep looking :(

(going to deca? See you there! Im keen to have a look at your 180)

YOU BETTER BRING THE GTR THIS TIME. No more of this panzy auto Supra rubbish :P

EDIT: Should really finish reading the whole page before posting a reply.

Steve get your ass into gear and finish off the GTR! :P

YOU BETTER BRING THE GTR THIS TIME. No more of this panzy auto Supra rubbish :P

EDIT: Should really finish reading the whole page before posting a reply.

Steve get your ass into gear and finish off the GTR! :P

lol :(

Mate ive done everything i can, parts just arent arriving fast enough :)

Supra's probably faster on the skidpan though ;)

Im rushing it for bathurst early december, snowy said you guys arent coming up this year though

got the seat it in and man its a tight fit... only just clears the cage (so lucky), but need to massage the tunnel a little to mount it.

will have to fix the window net to the door i'd say too.

will mock up mounts in steel then make some from aluminium angle.

ps. sorry for the crapberry pics, and getting excited and doing multipul replys!

pps. sorry for the offensive seat colour too... plan is to run the same design in black in when the car is done, this red one will make its way into the evo to match the ghey mud flaps!

post-5400-1224590444_thumb.jpg post-5400-1224590474_thumb.jpg post-5400-1224590506_thumb.jpg

Edited by t01-100

haha good work Stuart....but what bought on the rush of enthusiasm? Hasn't this been sitting around for about 12 months?

BTW I have no idea what the flock you guys were talking about on the last page. What is this "adding" stuff to a race car idea?

To reduce glare.... I really really really should have thought twice before opting to paint the entire interior bright white :):blink:

Those guards look hot.... You're gonna need a little more race tape though :P

Haha I was contemplating going white at one stage, glad I decided to go satin black ;)

Stu: Looks like a tight squeeze mate!

*ponders if I would fit in there...*

BH: Looks good mate, I like the dash setup. It's got everything you need!

Marlin: I've always wandered if those engine damper things did anything... What did it do that makes you love it so much?

Running the factory engine mounts I find the engine moves heaps during gearchanges, up to 2 inches or so, nothing new there. Engine/gearbox movement absorbes power and hence forward momentum. I put this cheap shit ebay damper on, and I put a zip tie on the shaft to measure the movement.... less than one millimetre! It transformed the car, it's much more spritely on the upchange now and just feels heaps tighter. :) Best fitty I ever spent i reckon :blink:

roy - omp. the halos look very similar to the velo apex though.

dunc - of all things it was roys pondering of r33 gtrs... something switched on and i thought lets get into it again!

phunky - very tight, i've got a removable hub for the wheel cause don't think anyone could get in with the wheel on, myself included. i remember trying to get into a mates 968rs turbo a few years ago that had similar cage and seat, but a fixed wheel... i ended up getting in from the passenger side!

The series 6 is very hard to fit a seat into I agree Stu! we did Aaron's last week (the one we just imported) and the window only juuuust clears the head restraint wings. Tiny little cars..... i like it :blink:

roy - omp. the halos look very similar to the velo apex though.

dunc - of all things it was roys pondering of r33 gtrs... something switched on and i thought lets get into it again!

phunky - very tight, i've got a removable hub for the wheel cause don't think anyone could get in with the wheel on, myself included. i remember trying to get into a mates 968rs turbo a few years ago that had similar cage and seat, but a fixed wheel... i ended up getting in from the passenger side!

Haha I jumped into my mates silvia a few weeks ago with big side intrusion bars and kneed the roof trying to get in. Ouch! Not so graceful...

new kitty debuts november 23rd

disclaimer: new kitty is pretty much old kitty with a tidy up, new wheels and the flares....and maybe a bit more or less shit depending on how much work i actually get done.

ando just needs to leave a heat lamp on the roof for a week or so and it'll be looking much more nuggety. This car has the worst factory paint i have ever seen on an s13.

phunky, about all i want extra in it now is a decent oil pressure warning light, though i may go a buzzer. Since the photo ive added a couple of lights for the indicators, the check engine light for the pfc knock and the low fuel light as i still run the factory tank and sender.

i totally agree... the wing on the e3 is a bit too crazy i think and i also like the e2 from bumper a little more too, but as a total package the e3 are pretty cool.

my 2.0ltr gsr will shortly appear to be an e2 with the compete bodywork package soon to go on.

loving the new wheels and seats, dropped the weight noticeably and feels comfortable.

weight is in pounds, minus driver and 3/4 tank.

pics from a holden motorkhana on the weekend just gone by, 3rd in my class outright and overall 6th with class handicap.

post-9983-1224721406_thumb.jpg

post-9983-1224721500_thumb.jpg

post-9983-1224721526_thumb.jpg

post-9983-1224721620_thumb.jpg

post-9983-1224721906_thumb.jpg

post-9983-1224722034_thumb.jpg

post-9983-1224722379_thumb.jpg