SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

No fires in this one Duncan, Ive got a proper extingusher system for it from the good guys at revolution (shamless Plug)

No mate unforuntatly im not giving anything away just yet. But it is special where it counts.

The underside is where the real trickery has happened.

Ill send you a few "money" shots tommorrow. Just for your own viewing.

Edited by Risking

are the cams type cages any stronger than the japanise cages (assuming it's one that the front pegs go through the dash, and arn't all bendy). or does the thicker walls make up for the smaller diamiter?

Some of the bolt in Jap cages can be reasonable strong but in a good rollover they are utterly useless.

A cage thats bolted together without any decent reinforcement is going to buckle under the weight of a decent rollover.

The wall thickness of most jap stuff is not overly great either.

And the majority of them have one cross support from the hoop to the rear leg mount and thats it.

The large type clamps most local builders use for bolt in cages are far better than the single eye bolt jap versions

My old GTR had a modified/extended bolt in jap cage, it was decent in that I had added a full cross bar and good intrusions.

It was still no where near good enough for the speed the car was capable of.

Edited by Risking

• 2 weeks later...
a little something I have been working on as of late.

post-20349-1230548257_thumb.jpg

post-20349-1230548346_thumb.jpg

Ive done the whole cage at home in the garage (I make a few of them so no stranger to cages)

Its now got an engine and is 75% finished

Are you planing to make a new wold record by jumping 56 London busses with that cage?

engine finally back together :P but we found that the manifold is wrap so need to take it off and replace it or machine it, also need to make up a catch can too.

needs a tune asap, stock pfc map, 5000rpm limiter, and used 40L of fuel in 163km lol

img3186mediumti9.jpg

Edited by [Michael]

• 3 weeks later...